Chapter 13

Katherina POV

A nightmare opened my eyes wide awake. I was feeling so uncomfortable, there was a feeling in my heart which I can't understand and it is giving me stress. There's a hollowness in my heart which is making me feel incomplete and it's not a good feeling to have.

I feel Nathan breathing softly in my neck confirming that he is still asleep. I untangled myself from his arms and walk slowly towards the bathroom. After having a warm shower, I step out only to find Nathan still sleeping peacefully, he is laying on his stomach now, his hand stretched to my side of the bed.

I wore a blue velvet dress that reaches up to my knees, it's a deep V neck showing little my cleavage but not too much. I brush my hair and let them fall free on my shoulders.

I walk down straight in the kitchen and open the fridge to prepare breakfast when I found bacon and eggs already in it. I took out the food maids has prepared and heated it in the microwave when I heard Nathan coming downstairs.

Nathan was all showered and ready, dressed in his expensive suit. I watch his eyes traveling every inch of my body which made me a little nervous but I divert my eyes and turn around to set the plates and a glass of juice for him. Nathan sat on the stool and stared at me while I do the work. I felt his gaze at me the whole time, I ignore his burning sight and placed his plate and glass before taking a seat next to him.

Nathan didn't say a single word the whole time we ate our breakfast. When he was done he got up and told me that we are leaving in five minutes. I clean the kitchen and we left exactly after five minutes as the don said.

Nathan is driving the same car he made me choose when he took me to the beach. He is so confusing and difficult to understand. He always remains cold and stiff but I can see a different man which he hides beautifully behind his coldness. He has covered his heart with a thick layer of ice. He showed me himself on the day when we went to the beach and Maria's. He did let that ice melt a bit and showed me such a different side of him that maybe nobody knows exists.

Nathan Pierce is a name that is known for his heartlessness and mercilessness. All the stories that I have heard about him are brutal and barbaric. I can't even imagine that those same hands which touch me with such gentleness and tenderness also kill people. He actually didn't hurt me till now, when I expected the worst from him he didn't give me the pain I thought he would, he is so complex yet so unique and unpredictable.

"What are you thinking, tesoro ?" His calm voice startled me, I look at him and he was still looking at the road ahead of him. His jaw flexes perfectly, his strong masculine arms that hold me in them, gripping the steering wheel. He looks so desirable yet his aura is so sinful.

"Umm nothing" I whisper more to myself than to him.

I look up at him when he didn't say anything after and keep looking ahead on the road. The car came to stop but my gaze was stuck to him until he got down of the car and open the door for me. I look up at the sky-scraping building that screams money, wealth, and power just like Nathan.

"Come" he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me along inside the big door.

"Nathan" I hear a voice coming from the side of the room. Three men were standing with a glass in their hand, I recognize one of them immediately.

"Chris," Nathan said when Chris came towards Nathan with his arms stretched wide open. Nathan hugged him and tapped on his back.

"Welcome, Katherina" Chris smiled at me showing his perfect crystal teeth, I smile back at him.

Nathan walks toward a table where people are sitting as I followed him with Chris beside me. Nathan motioned me to take a seat and sat down next to me.