Chapter 22: Trained

I was in a dream, but I did not see a cat around me. I was used to it however, Squirrelflight usually liked to sneak up on. I would sit there for a little while and then get some rest. I was quite tired and it seemed like the dreams over the other cats were not helping me with that at all.
After a little while it seemed like it was taking longer than usual for them to come. I walked up from the spot that I was laying at then began to walk around. Searching through the area, we were next too moonpool, this is where the cats were supposed to teach me.
I remembered what Squirrelflight had told me, I was supposed to sleep beside the pool. I did so but all of the sudden I was no longer tired and it was starting to annoy me. They had said they wouldn't be talking to me anymore I remembered.
They had told me that it was tine to follow my own path. I don't think that I was ready for it yet, I was scared, I had meant with me but there was no one else left and Mint didn't know how to make it out here either. Like me she had also grown up as a kittypet.
I looked at the pool, the moonlight was making it look so beautiful, I sat there, I wanted to sleep but knew that I could not. I wanted to see them one last time because it did not seem real, not getting to see them anymore. But I could not lay my head to rest.
I sat there for a few moments just thinking sadly to myself, I had Mint with me, I had found the cats that were in the mountains, but before this and after all of this we were alone. I had been alone since the death of Tristan, it still seemed fake.
I remember waking up one morning and pushing up for Tristan to get up, he wasn't responding and his body was cold. I had pushed him off the couch thinking that he was just messing around with me like he did fairly often. But he did not get up.
I had been whining to my female owner to get her in the room and she did. As soon as she saw him she began crying and her partner came into the room and laughed, then he slapped her, I attacked him and that wad the beginning of the end for me.
He was mad and he was yelling at her for some reason even though I was the one that had scratched her and then he left our place and was gone for quite some time. He came back as per usual and he continued hitting her.
That day he had thrown me out, I felt betrayed, she could have done something but she did not, I had helped her so many times but this time when I was the one in dire need of help I did not get any.
I closed my eyes trying not to think about it, then I sat down and tried sleeping again. This time I was almost beginning to get to the point where I was going to. But all of the sudden I heard a few cats walking up to the spot that I was in. When I spun around I noticed the cats from somewhere. They were talking to each other and I could not quite catch what they were saying. I began running over to them.
I wanted to talk to them and ask why they were in my dreams, I ran up to them and they heard me coming, they both spun around but right before they could see me everything disappeared.
I was falling, I didn't know where I was it was so dark but I could feel myself gliding through the air. I could here the cats talking but it was so quite I could not quite hear what they were saying. They were somewhere nearby.
I was not falling anymore I was on the ground, I could hear the cats, I was walking around, it one direction they were getting further and further away, and I tried listening to where they were going, but it was so hard I could not see anything.
I was walking around but there was nothing anywhere, it was all just dark and misty and there was no ground I was just walking. I began going towards the direction that I was thought that I had heard the cats.
I didn't hear them talking anymore but when I was walking further and further in that direction I could suddenly begin to hear footsteps, I couldn't quite tell the exact direction to was coming from but I could take an estimated guess.
I began walking over to it and then all of the sudden the footsteps stopped, I stopped as well, I could not hear them anymore, had I lost them? I cursed myself and I was about to give up when all of the sudden I heard one of the cats talking, it was a she cat.
"Do you hear something?" One of them said. So they heard me? I yelled to them but it didn't seem like they could hear me talking which was quite a bit disappointing. But at least they could hear my footsteps, that was putting me one step closer to actually meeting the cats.
Last time they could not hear or see me at all. I walked up to where I heard the cat talking and I walked into something. It was warm so it was not a rock, or a tree or anything else of that sort. It had to be one of the cats. The cat hissed and yelled to the other cat.
"Hey watch where you are going!" He hissed to her. She yelled something back at him, they were just as confused as I was right now. I didn't know what was going on our why I could not see the cats, why was starclan making this so difficult for me?
"What are you talking about? I am walking in front of you, mouse brain! She said to him. I laughed a little bit, it was a fun little game that we were doing right now. All of the sudden both the cats went silent.
Surely they hadn't have run off, they were so close to me I would have heard them.
"What was that Pettle?" The tom cat said. She made a bit of hushing noise and I walked over to where I had heard it come from. I walked into one of the cats and it hissed at me.
"What is that, something is invisible!" Said the shecat to the tom. They could hear my laugh and they could feel me as I walked into them. Why could I not see them though? Why could they not see me? I could not see anything that was around me.