Chapter 19: Come In

I stood there for a few seconds not even wanting to turn around. It sounded like he was a big cat, and I could smell the scent of maybe 2 or 3 other cats with him. I would not have any chance of fighting him.
I slowly began to turn around, there I could see a grey tom and 2 she cats 1 with from fur and 1 with orange. They looked a little bit upset and I had no idea that I had stumbled into their "territory"
"I'm sorry, I'll go back... I didn't mean to cause any harm I was just hunting I didn't know it was your territory..." I said to the cat. The smaller she cat hissed at me and then began heading towards me as if she was about to attack me. I moved back looking a little bit scared and she laughed.
"You mean you didn't smell the scent? Look at this poor cat he's pathetic..." She said to me and her friends that were with her. The other she cat began laughing but the tom cat squinted at them to make them be quiet.
I moved back a little bit more thinking about my options. I could try to run back to Mint with the squirrel... It would slow me down a lot, I was not as fast as her. Or I could try to run without the squirrel and catch them off track and then run back to Mint.
I weighed down my options, I didn't know these cats at all but I had heard from the clan cats not to trust any cat that I found in the wild. I felt a bit scared and looked in the direction that was to where Mint was probably awake wondering where I was at.
That was my mistake however, the smaller she cat noticed that I had looked over there and she hissed at me.
"Oh no... You are not running away... Ginger you go and grab him... We will take the squirrel and we will go take him to Stoneteller, he will find out what to do with him next." Said the she cat to both of the cats that were with her. I lowered my head feeling a bit guilty for trying to run away.
All of the sudden something sparked in my head, Stoneteller, I had heard that name before... That must be the cats I was looking for! The mountain cats! It all made sense now... I hopped up feeling super happy and the cat that was holding me down began hissing at me.
"What are you getting so excited about?! You need to get down and stop moving around or I will break your leg!" Said the larger she cat to me. The tom looked at us and the hissed at the she cat and then nodded to me. I thanked him for being kinder to me than the she cats were.
"He's just a young tom cat... He's no match for us... Calm down Ginger... Let him relax a little bit... We are not going to hurt you, we may have got off on the wrong foot. We just want to know why you are in our territory and we want to make sure you don't come back again... Or whatever Stoneteller decides to do with you." He said to me. I nodded again to him. Then my mind went back to Mint she would be so scared if I was gone for too long I didn't want her leaving to place to go and find me.
"Wait! I have a friend with me and she is badly hurt I she has to come with us. I don't want her too freak out and go outside of the cave we are in..." I said to the cats. The shecat holding on to me hissed and pushed me down again.
"You are going to have to get over that... She will be fine! Besides we know you are lying and you are going to try and run off..." Ginger said to me. I lowered my head because I was not lying... The big tom cat grunted to her and then nodded for me to head back.
"Calm down Ginger... This is a young cat, if he runs off so be it... He knows not to come into our territory again..." He said to her. She pushed me off of her and then I began walking back to the place. I was thinking that maybe I should ran off if they were fine with it, but I could not bring myself to it.
This had to be the group of cats that Squirrelflight and Jayfeather were telling me about. This was the next stage of my destiny, I was sure of it. The cats from the stars had told me about a cat by the name of Stoneteller.
If that was their leader than that is where I needed to go. But first thing was to make sure that Mint was okay, Im sure she was freaking out at this point wondering where I had gone off to and why I had not come back.
She could smell how long ago my scent was, she knew I had been out here for far too long and the sun was almost in the middle of the sky at this point, there was no way that she would still be asleep. I just had to silence my worst fears that she might have run off going looking for me.
Once we were at the little cave that we had slept in last night I walked into it, the cats that were with me did not follow me instead they sat back there waiting for me to walk out of the cave.
Once I was in I looked around, my worst fears had become reality, Mint was nowhere to be seen and the only place she could have gone was to possibly follow my trail and go look for me.
At this point my scent would be so off, and I had gone in the opposite direction at first so she would most likely me over there looking for me. I lowered my head a bit sad, I was so afraid that there was no possible way I would find her. At this point her scent was mixed with mine and I really could not tell where she could have gone.
Maybe I could just try and head in the direction that I had gone earlier this morning. I shook my head and then began walking out of the little cave that me and Mint had slept on last night.
Suddenly I heard a hiss and then some yelling, were the mountain cats getting attacked my something! I had to run out and help them. I got up and instantly barged into the cat that was on the smaller she cat.
The other 2 cats had freaked out wondering what was going on to even have time to react to it. I got up ready to attack the cat again but she turned around and I noticed thankfully that it was just Mint.
However I had hurt her a little bit and reignited the bleeding a little bit on her stomach. It was not terrible but it would more than likely need to get patched up by a little bit of cobweb... She hissed at me and then got up...
"Geesh Moon... I was just trying to help! I had just followed you guys all the way down here... You weren't trying to help them find me and kill me where you?" Mint said to me. I stiffled a little bit of a laugh and then just shook my head towards her.
"Mint no... You scared me... These cat's found me, I didn't realize we were on their territory... I think we are on the next stage of our mission..." I said to her. She got up with a bit of an excited little gleem and then she began jumping all around.
"Geesh she's even younger than you... She's lucky we did not fight back against her... Yet..." Ginger said to me. I looked at her and shook my head. I did not like that cat very much... The tom cat seemed to be a much more chill cat, I could not tell about the other cat quiet yet...
"Moon, and Mint huh... This is Ginger as you already know... This is is Hawk... And I am Kettle..." The big tom cat said to me. I nodded and he then smiled at the both of us. He nodded for us the begin following him to the place where we were supposed to continue the next phase of my journey.
I was excited, they had told me that he would tell me more than they could tell me at the moment. I could not wait! I almost wanted to hop around with joy. But I let it be all to myself.
I could tell that I had hurt Mint quiet a bit and I felt a little bit bad for her but she just shook her head her as her way of telling me that she was fine. I nodded to her and we continued walking in the direction that Kettle was taking me.
Once we were a bit further up I could see a huge cave... The cave was even bigger than the one me and Mint had gone to a couple of nights ago...
Inside I could see a lot of cats and I could see 2 litters of younger cats up against their mother gathering milk. I nodded to them and they looked back at me a little bit confused and a but of scared glances in their eyes.
The other cats that were bigger than me and Mint, but not quite as big as Kettle looked at me as if they were about to fight me. I moved a bit further back trying to get into any of that action. Ginger walked away from us and so did Hawk but I could still see her keeping her eyes on me...
We continued following Kettle a bit further into the cave, he stood us too a hault when we were about to walk into another room. The room looked absolutely amazing. There was leaves growing from all around it and it was beautiful. I could tell that Mint was looking at it thinking the same.
"Stoneteller... I have some cat's we found out in our territory... What shall we do with them..." Kettle said to whatever was in that room. It was clearly their leader, he was lucky to have such an amazing room, the rest of the cats were stuck together in 1 bigger room.
"Let me see them... Come in..."