Chapter 20: Your mission

I walked in, the cave was absolutely amazing, it was even better than the one with the moonlight a few weeks ago. There were vines and crazy looking rocks with mossy everywhere. The cat named Stoneteller must be very lucky to live in a place so beautiful.
I walked into the cave, I could see the shape of a cat moving from not too far away in the corner of the room. Mint jumped back as if she was a little bit scared and I could see why.
I could not see the cat anywhere but I could here it moving from what seemed like everywhere in the cave, Kettle had not come in with us in the cave so I did not know if everything that was going on was normal. Maybe I was in a dream and I would wake up with Mint sometime soon.
I had been in dreams before that had seemed so real, back when I lived with my owners and after. This seemed like a dream because I could see stars and what seemed like other cats that were all over the small cave.
"Do not be afraid... These are the cats that are your answers, they are grieving for what happened to the clans. I have not been the leader for long but you have been passed on through many generations of leaders." Stoneteller said as he walked over to me. The cave was so dark I could barely see him from nearby.
"Yes... You are the cat that they have been telling me about in my dreams... You look so young to be a leader..." I said to the cat as he got closer to me. He looked small and very young, he looked like he could be no older than me, which seemed a little bit strange because I had been heard that most cat's were older when they got leader because it took them nearly a life time to earn that.
The cat let out a bit of a per and then a laugh and then he jumped down from the large boulder that was right ahead of me. Now I could see him a little bit closer and he looked even younger than I had even thought before.
"I'm not a leader, I am just a cat that tells others about revelations. That is my job, the cats fend for themselves but they look up to me for advice." Stoneteller said to me smiling at me.
What he had just told me sounded like a leader to me. But I did not say anything about it. Mint had been completely silent this whole time just watching what was going on and looking around a bit confused as if she was seeing things.
She was seeing things, she probably thought that she was going crazy though. I could see them as well...
"So... You are the cat that Moon has been telling me about for a while?! He wanted to see you so badly, he keeps telling me about clans, but I am just a little confused. I feel bad for slowing him down because he's been in such a hurry to meet you." She said to him. It was true and I looked down when Stoneteller looked at me a bit disdainfully.
"From the badger I suppose? Yes I have a lot to tell you, both of you, even if you think you know all young little Moon... You do not." He said to me. I had not thought that I knew all and it made me a bit upset that he was assuming that I did. I still felt bad about rushing Mint so much she was clearly not fully healed.
"Wow! How did you know? Are you one of those star cats?" She asked him. He smiled but then he shook his head. There was no way he was a star cat, it was pretty obvious because the star cats were dead and they had stars all over their pelt that made them look almost invisible at times.
"No... I am not... I am much like them though and I speak to many of them in my dreams... They have been looking for you for a very long time Moon... They were expecting you to be alone... It is good to have a companion with you." Stoneteller said to me. He was speaking a lot of truth, I don't know how far I could have made it alone I was grateful to have Mint by my side.
She looked at me with such affection, I could see it in her eyes as she was staring at me with such compassion. It made me feel so much better about myself with her be my side, making me never put my head down and give up.
"Yes they told me you had something to teach me, and tell me..." I said to Stoneteller. He smiled and then nodded for me to come over and follow him as he continued walking further down a little tunnel that was in the cave.
At the end of a tunnel there was another room that looked even more amazing than the room that we were just in, it made that room almost look like garbage. Mint ghasped when she saw it and I almost did as well but she beat me too the punch.
"This is amazing! The other cats must love it here!" I said to him. He smiled at me and then he just layed down and stared at me.
"Unfortunately most cats in my small group if you would like to call it that... They have not seen this room before. Your friend Kettle that you just met is one of the few ones that have... The only other one that will come in here is not alive yet..." Stoneteller said to the both of us. Mint nodded and I did the same as well.
"This room is beautiful, you are lucky to have this..." I said to him. He nodded a thanks but then grunted at the same time which kind of confused me. Was there another room that was even better than this that he had not shown us yet?
"Yes... It is... However I am not in here much... I am only in here when the cats in the sky's wish to listen to me... Or the starclan cat's on occasion... As of lately they have asked me to. Usually when they ask me too, it is not for a good reason... I will hope that this time it is." He said to me. I had not realized that it was now it kind of made me feel bad like something was about to happen to me, possibly Mint.
I prayed to the starclan cats that they would not do that too her. She had already been through so much following me and having her belly torn open. It had been a very rough passage for her, I was surprised that she had not given up at this point. I was so thankful to have her with me.
"Now... Both of you must sit down and lay to rest, they will meet us together in a dream." Stoneteller said to me. Me and Mint sat down like the night that the moon had sat down on the rock so beautifully, this room did not have that but it did look amazing.
I wasn't sure if it was night or not quiet yet, it was kind of getting dark when we had walked into the group and all of the other cats had seen us. I'm sure it was at this point, either way I had been tired all day, I had been staying up late for a while just making sure that Mint was okay.
"Wait... I can tell you 2 are hungry, have some food, Kettle just brought in some for us..." Stoneteller said. I was a bit confused, we had already been in for quiet some time if there was still food out for that long, especially since he had been out most of the day for me. I did not want to eat something that nasty.
"How long has that food been out? He has been out with me all day..." I said to Stoneteller. He laughed and he just continued walking, I didn't want to eat that, it would be nasty and it could get me sick at this point.
"He just came in and dropped it off for me right now..." Stoneteller said to me. I was a bit confused... How could he possibly know, had Kettle gone threw the tunnel and dropped it off when I had not noticed?
No... He had not as I found out when we began walking out the exit of the tunnel. This cat was strange, was he listening to everyone at all times? Firestar had said the starclan cats knew everything that was going on at all times. It kind of freaked me out... It meant that there was never any privacy. This cat seemed like he might have something like that as well.
I did not say anything about it as we walked back into the little cave we had been in earlier. There were 3 birds all sitting there and when I walked over to pick up one of them I realized they were still warm.
I didn't say anything about it, I was hungry and I could tell that Mint was as well, especially since she was still healing. The food was good and I thanked Stoneteller for giving us hospitality for the night and being giving to us.
"You don't have to thank me, I must thank you for coming here, semi safe for the next stage of the destiny of your life and mine..." Stoneteller said to me. I was a bit confused, they had told me that there was a cat I would have to look for but it would not be Stoneteller.
He nodded to us as we began walking back into the other smaller cave. It seemed so weird... Everything that had happened to me lately, it all seemed like a big dream and some day I would wake up back at my owners place.
Once we were back in Stoneteller nodded for both me and Mint to lay down. We did and I closed my eyes when I noticed that Stoneteller had already fallen asleep. It did not take me long for me to fall asleep as well.