Chapter 17: Wow!

I woke up, I felt a little bit tired, but not as tired as I normally would have. It seemed like lately I was waking up so tired. After a little bit of time from walking around I usually got over that however.
I looked up to see that Mint was still asleep. I was tempted to wake her up that way we could go ahead and head off towards the mountains. I had heard Tristan tell me about those. He would say they were huge things in the sky made out of stone and lots of trees.
He said there were lots of terrible things in those places, such as coyotes and bears.
I har never really seen a bear before or known what they really look like. He told me the were really big and brown or black. Really fat but they would kill you in one big swoop of their hand. I just know I was a bit afraid to head there because of him telling me those stories.
He had told me stories about coyotes, that had turned out to be true. My whole life I had thought that he was just trying to scare me, that way I would never sneak out. But most of what he told me was true, just a bit overexaggerated. He told me to never try and sneak out because I would die from starvation of I wasn't dead from the monsters first.
But I had made it perfectly fine so far. I kind of missed my old owner, but I really loved being out here and just exploring. Moving around rather than just being stuck in between a bunch of walls every day.
I got up and made sure that I did not wake Mint up so that she could get as much sleep as possible. Squirrelflight had told me they could not train her yet because she was not fully healthy. It didn't make much since to me because it was just a dream that we really were in, in the first place.
Once I got out of the little small cavern in the ditch we had slept in I sniffed around to see if I could smell anything. Unfortunately I had no such luck. I would have thought there was no other cats in the area hunting for prey so there should be plenty.
But I had to realize that at the same time there might be plenty of other animals around here that could be hunting for their own food as well. Cats weren't the only thing that hunted in this world.
I moved a bit further, not to far to where I couldn't find my way back. That way I could see if there was anything nearby. But once again I had no such luck and I didn't want to waste anymore time.
I didn't want to scare Mint if she woke up and saw I was not there. I had heard her yelling the other night when I had gone out hunting because she thought that something had come in and killed me. I didn't want another sort of episode like that one.
I had rushed over to her as fast as I could because I thought she was getting attacked by something. Luckily she was just yelling my name as I found out when I got closer. I almost wanted to not freak out if she did that again but you never really know when 1 of those times it could actually be something serious.
I just began heading back to the crevice that we had slept in last night. Hopefully I would find something lucky tonight, I would most likely sniff around a lot today.
I sniffed around one last time to make sure I didn't miss anything or maybe I had some sort of allergies that were making it hard for me to scent anything.
No luck once again as a headed into the spot. Mint was still asleep which surprised me. But also it really didn't because she had gotten badly injured and this was her first time moving around in a while. She had walked around in the ditch that we had slept in but she had not moved as much as she did yesterday.
It was still early in the sky as well, normally when I went hunting it would take some time. But you cant really hunt when there is nothing out there to hunt for.
I sat down to rest a little bit more just thinking about Mint, how beautiful and how sweet she was. I felt a little bad for Owl since she had been a bit more attracted to me. I could tell he really liked her as well. I didn't really feel the same way as Mint did right off the start but she was so sweet and kind to me, she was really growing on me.
If Owl really did care he would have followed me. At the same time though maybe he would have if he would have known Mint was coming with me. I shook the thoughts from my head, he had told me no in the first place. There was no way he would all of the sudden change his mind.
I began resting my head to sleep a little bit more. I almost didn't want the cats to be in my dreams for the short little time I slept because it almost seemed like they were just making me even more tired.
I closed my eyes and finally well into a peaceful tranquil.