Chapter 7: Moon

"Okay, I will miss you... Maybe some day we will meet again." He told me. I truly doubted it but at least give him some hope. I mean I don't think there was any lakes nearby so, I think I would have to be heading out on a very long path.
"You too, I am grateful for all of your hospitality and I will miss you. I hope so, also do you happen to see a lake anywhere nearby?" I asked him. He shook his head, which was a little disappointing. It means I would have to be going on a long perilous journey... It would be tough but I would pull through... I was sure of it.
He came in and gave me a quick nudge goodbye. He was a good cat and I felt bad for leaving him. But it seemed as though I was destined to do something but I wasn't all too sure what it was up to this point.
I hoped that Squirrelflight would soon comeback into my dreams to guide me, that dream I had the last night was scary and made me feel alone. I really wished Owl would come with me... I wasn't all too sure that I would be able to make it out there alone.
"Goodbye Moon, some day we will cross paths again... I am sure of it." Owl said to me. I wish I could say the same, but if there was not a lake nearby then I don't know how far Owl had gone, and how far I would have to go. Which most likely meant that me and Owl were never going to see each other again. It was like losing Tristan except this cat was a real one.
"Goodbye Owl, you are a good cat and I wish you would come with me on this journey, but I understand." I told him. And then I began to head off, walking through the cat door in the other room.
Suddenly something jumped on me. Was it a dog like my dream last night?!
But as I got up i then realized that it was just Mint.
"Geesh you scared me." I told her. She let out a little giggle. She was a sweet cat and I wish I hadn't been so harsh on her yesterday. "Im sorry about yesterday Mint, I just had a rough couple of day, Im going on a journey."
She looked at me a bit confused but then she put out a huge smile and then began to hop around crazily. It was something Tristan used to do when he was all happy.
"Oh a journey, can I come with you." She asked me. I wanted to say some more harsh words but I knew I would regret it. She had no idea what she was talking about. Im pretty sure last night was the most she had ever gone from her place. But to be fair, I had never gone anywhere at all up until last night.
"Mint I don't think you know what a journey is, Its something where you go far away, you might die, and you most likely will never comeback." Said the tom from not too far away. She looked a bit confused, I knew she had no idea what she was getting into.
"Maybe I want to go with him, Parrot, I've always wanted to go explore the world outside of just of this houseplace and those little fields." She responded to Parrot. He shook his head and I agreed with him. I wanted her to be safe at the same time, she had no idea what she was getting into and neither did I.
"Moon can I ask you and her both a question? Do you even know where you're going on this journey? And Mint... You love your owners! Are you really ready to leave them on something you have no idea what will happen to you?" Parrot asked both of us. I didn't really have a clue to be fair, which was another reason I didn't want Mint coming with me. I didn't want to risk her life on something I wasn't even sure existed.
"No I don't, that's why I don't want her risking her life on a journey Im not even sure if it was real." I told both of them. Mint looked at me sadly, and I felt bad saying no put she was too young to go out there risking her life. Besides I barely knew how to hunt. How was I supposed to teach her? There would be days I probably would not be eating.
"I don't know why you don't believe in me Moon! From the moment I saw you, I knew that I liked you, but you've been denying me since the beginning." She said to me. Parrot looked a bit shocked and I personally was a bit taken aback. Surely she meant she liked me as a friend right? She was way too young to be having those type of feelings...
"Im sorry Mint, you are sweet and young, but I don't want you too die out there." I told her, she looked me right into my eyes and I felt so bad for her. I was doing it for the best but I still couldn't hide those feelings...
She then began to cry and then ran through the cat door of her house. I felt really bad for her but I had no idea what I was going to be doing out there, I didn't want her to die or be slowing me down.
"Moon, don't feel bad, she will get over it... Its for the best and you did the right decision... She thinks that she can make it out there but she can't." Parrot told me. I felt bad but I knew both of us were right. It still did not make me feel any better. I heard the cat door slide open and Owl came out here a little confused.
"What's going on, why is Mint so upset?" He said looking right at me. I knew that he had liked her the moment he laid eyes on her. I could not blame him, she was a sweet cat, and so nice to us.
"Moon has a quest and she was trying to go with him, but we talked her out of it... Well she ran off but close enough." Parrot told Owl. Owl lowered his head and then sat down next to the both of us. Parrot continued scratching out the ground and then he made us look in the other direction so he could make his dirt.
"You guys made the right decision, I will try to show her that. Ill stick with the the next few days... Then Ill come see her more often shes a sweet cat." Owl told me. I nodded and then as I was about to head off there was a little car horn from the front of their house.
"You better go, her owners are here and they usually lock up the cat door when other cats are here, same to you Owl, go and get inside, there's cats that come through here all the time, our owners wont be surprised." Parrot said to us. I then hopped through the fence and then slowly began to walk.
I would have to spend the nights in trees until I found the lake and whatever that those cats kept telling me to do.
"You're going to wrong way Moon... You have to go the direction that the sun rises..." Squirrelflight said to me in my head. I was so happy to hear her voice again... It had been such a long time, finally she was back to guide me down the path I was destined to go on.
"Hey Squirrelflight Im sorry..." I said back to her. She didn't responded but I knew that she had heard me. I then turned to the left and continued walking. This was my destiny... I could do this...
I kept walking seeing a few rabbits on the way, but surprisingly I wasn't very hungry even though I had not eaten yesterday. I had not eaten in any of my dreams either. For some reason that seemed to somehow feel me up as well. I did need some water however.
As I then began to head through I different section of the woods that I was at when I lived with my owners, I then saw a small creek filled with water. I ran towards it and began drinking.
I was so thirsty it seemed like this was the first time that I had ever drank anything in my life.
The water tasted so sweet and crisp as I happily lapped up as much as I could. I then suddenly felt a bit dizzy and tired. I had felt tired all morning, that dream somehow wore me out and I felt more tired then I did when I actually fell asleep last night.
It was already past noon and the sun was going in the other direction in the sky... I had already walked a decent amount today and was starting to feel a bit hungry.
I would catch some prey before I would head to sleep in a branch. I didn't want to sleep anywhere else in case there was a dog or pack of coyotes that attacked me like they had last night. It actually surprised me because I had always been told that coyotes only stayed in the woods, I suppose we were near some woods but I didn't ever hear about them going anywhere except there.
I sniffed around sensing if there were any mice nearby, Onestar had told me I would not find any rabbits near the woods so looking for one of those would be basically useless for me. However I did smell something that I had never smelt before, up nearby I looked and saw a few birds. I had heard about them when Tristan used to tell me. They were friendly but those cats that used to hunt brought me one at one point and Night had given us one as well. It wasn't bad... Definitely better than some normal dry food that my owners used to give me. But it was nothing compared to a juicy big piece of rabbit that I had in the dream with Onestar, or the mouse I had caught at the barn.
The mouse I had caught at the barn was far better than the one that Squirrelflight had caught and given me. I couldn't tell if maybe if it was because it was just a dream, or the mice at the barn just ate really good. I was ready to catch the bird however... I was just so hungry.
"Don't, you don't know how to catch those yet and you might get hurt trying..." Squirrelflight said to me again. This time she was sitting right beside me and I smiled. She smiled back at me. "Im sorry for the last few days... I wanted to be there, but you had to make your decision on your own."
I believed her, I couldn't tell if she was dead or not but she knew so much that was the only way. And if she was getting in my dreams and finding me everywhere I went, she definitely was. Or maybe I was just imagining this stuff and I was just crazy. I shook that from my head. I couldn't be learning all these things from something in my mind.
She then all of the sudden disappeared... I suppose I would walk a bit further, but I was a bit tired and just ready to go to sleep. I was hoping that I would wake up and maybe Squirrelflight would show me how to hunt some birds or something.
But for now I would at least try to catch maybe a mouse or something else. I sniffed around and smelt one from not too far away.
I began heading towards it. I saw it from not too far away and then I lowered my head. I closed my eyes to motion out any thoughts that were inside my head.
I then began to head towards it. I had remembered a few of the things that Squirrelflight had taught me about catching some mice.
They weren't like the ones that were just sitting in the barn. These ones would be a lot harder because there was so much stuff around me that I could trip on or slip onto. I saw some pieces of sticks that I was about to fall into.
I made a mental note in my mind not to step onto it and then I lowered my body making sure it neither heard me or saw me. I was getting so close to it.
Suddenly i stepped on a stick that I had not seen from further up. It looked up and saw me but it was too late for it.
I was just too close to it, that even if it heard me at that point it was too late for it to run away.
"Excellent work Moon, you must show this to the clans, I believe in you." Squirrelflight said from inside my head. I smiled and then nodded.
"Thank you Squirrelflight, I will do my best." I said to her out loud. I had no idea what the clans were but at this point I had some sort of grasp of what exactly they were. I thought that maybe they were some big group of cats that once existed... I just don't know why they'd come after a kittypet like me.
"Wow that was so cool! You have to teach me Moon!"