Chapter 14: You wont die

I looked at all the blood that was coming out. There was no way she could live through that. I wanted to fall over and cry... Everyone that was with me left me or died. Jayfeather was just staring at me and waiting for me to do something but my mind was going blank.
"There cobwebs over there Moon... There leaves everywhere... Get on to it! She's about to bleed out." Jayfeather said to me. If they knew something bad was going to happen why didn't they tell me? It was also stupid of me because I knew that something was going to happen and I didn't even think to tell Mint... This was my fault... If it wasn't for me then Mint wouldn't be bleeding out dying.
I looked back at Jayfeather but he was gone and my mind went back to reality. If Jayfeather said I could save her than maybe I could. I didn't want to just sit there and mourn her death too soon. She wasn't dead quite yet.
"Hold on Mint... I will save you." I said to her. I knew she couldn't here me, she was unconscious from all the blood loss the was suffering. I tried clearing my thoughts that way I could remember what Jayfeather had shown me and told me to do in this situation.
He said there were cobwebs nearby... It was to stop the bleeding. I quickly looked around and I saw that there was a bit of cobwebs near some moss and some roots that were on a tree. I then began running over to it and then began pulling out as much cobwebs as I possibly could.
Once I grabbed as much as I could carry I then began running all the way back over to Mint. I looked around to see her wounds and they looked terrible. Her stomach looked like she had been absolutely torn apart. But to be fair that badger had torn her apart...
I put the cobwebs down just like Jayfeather had showed me. The bleeding was beginning to stop but at the same time it seemed as if she had suffered a little bit too much blood loss. Her breaths were beginning to get shallower.
I almost wanted to cry, I had known Tristan for way longer but his death didn't seem to hurt as much as I was right now. I then looked around on the rest of her body, there was nothing really else around her besides a small scratch. But anything could help her blood loss, so I went over and put a smaller piece of cobweb down.
"Don't forget the oak leaves..." Jayfeather said from inside of my head. I nodded and then grabbed a few pieces of some dead oak leaves and began putting it in between the cobwebs... I hoped it didn't hurt her and I was trying my best to be as careful as possible.
"You will have to stay here for a few days. There is a smaller ditch in the ground you 2 can hide in. Right over there." Jayfeather said to me. I nodded looking at where he was pointing at. I saw a smaller ditch not too far away and I looked back at Jayfeather to thank him, but he was already gone.
I then nudged Mint but she was out cold. I suppose I would have to carry her, it was already getting dark and I didn't want to pull the cobwebs from off of her. That was the only thing that was keeping her alive.
But the sun was already setting and I had no other choice. I then went towards Mint and slowly began to pick her up onto my back. I did it as slowly as possible making sure not to pull the cobwebs from off of her stomach. I then began heading towards the ditch.
Once I was there I slowly put Mint down from off of my back. I looked around making sure that I had not pulled off any of the cobweb. Once I was sure she was okay I then lowered my body and just stared at her.
I was so tired, and the spot we were in I was sure that we would be okay. I then rested my head down and tried falling asleep. But I couldn't fall asleep thinking about Mint, she might even still die, it might not even be enough to save her.
But Jayfeather knew way more about this kind of stuff than I did. If he said that she was going to be okay than I would have to believe it. I let my body go to sleep finally clearing my head from all of the bad things that had happened today.

I woke up in a different area of the place I normally was in. I could tell it was the same place because of the woods. But at the same time I wasn't all too sure where exactly I was at all. I also could not smell any of the cats nearby that would normally greet me, but I could smell another cat.
"Hello! I am Lionblaze! We apologize for what happened yesterday, we just needed to teach you how to hunt before fighting and there only so much time we have over the night. Time flies a lot faster in your dreams than it does in the real world..." The cat I had smelt said to me from behind. I turned around and almost wanted to say something bad about them because of Mint almost dying.
At the same time though, they probably didn't exactly know what was going to happen to us. We were in a completely different area than were they had lived at. They didn't know what was going to happen to us out here. They also had to teach me how to not starve before they could teach me how to fight.
"Okay... Im sorry I failed her." I said to Lionblaze. He shook his and laughed a little bit. It wasn't a laugh aimed at Mint or me by any means but he did find something funny.
"It is okay young cat... I am hear to teach you how to fight..." He said to me. I nodded. He then began to turn and nodded to me to follow him.
We were in a different clearing that was close to us. It had almost seemed like we had teleported there somehow. But after all this was a dream and that sort of stuff was allowed to happen to me.
"Okay, what you did on that badger is called the back kick. You did it okay but there was a better way you could have done it. Normally a cat would have died the way you had done it but you showed great emotion and you fought valiantly..." He said looking down at me and smiling. The cat was way bigger than me and I think I would have rather fought that badger than this cat.
"Thank you... I tried my best, I just hope that it is enough to save her." I said back to him. He nodded and then continued to teach me everything that I needed to learn.
"Now what I am going to teach you today is the Twist and dodge, now that you have enough experience learning how to hunt for a while I will be with you for the next few days until you friend gets better." He said to me. I nodded once again and all of the sudden there was another cat with him.
"Hi I am Hollyleaf, I am going to help you learn how to hunt... Lionblaze will show you and then you will have to try the technique on me." She said to me. I looked at Lionblaze and then I waited for them to start fighting and teaching me how to fight.
Hollyleaf attacked Lionblaze, I noticed that her claws were not out and I made a mental note to do the same if I was to fight either of them. Lionblaze dodged all of her attacks and then jumped behind her and then hopped on her before she had a chance to even turn around.
"Wow! That was amazing!" I said to both of them. Hollyleaf smiled and Lionblaze laughed and then headed towards me. Lionblaze looked like he was an excellent fighter and I hoped that I wouldn't be fighting against him.
"Okay, so you do exactly what I showed you right there. You dodge their attacks and once you see them get off balance you hop behind them and attack... No claws of course." Lionblaze told me. I nodded and then looked towards Lionblaze ready to fight him. But thankfully it was Hollyleaf that was heading towards me.
I looked at her and she nodded towards me and I nodded back to her. She then began running at me and attacking me. I dodged in a few times but her attacks were just too fast for me and she got a few hits on me.
"You gotta be faster than that Moon..." Hollyleaf said to me. I almost wanted to hiss at her, she was too fast and I wasn't used to fighting. I had never fought another cat in my life until now.
"I'm trying but you guys are too fast..." I said to her. Lionblaze then stepped in and nodded to the both of us. Hollyleaf moved back a little bit to give us both some space.
"You can go faster Moon... You just have watch all of her steps right before she attacks you and dodge the opposite way that she is going." He said to me. I cleared my head from all of the other thoughts and then looked at him and gave him a sharp nod.
"Alright Moon, just tell me when you are ready and we will start again." Hollyleaf said to me. I looked at her and then slowly cleared the rest of any of my thoughts besides the ones that Lionblaze had told me to do from out of my head. I then nodded to Hollyleaf signifying that I was ready.
She then quickly started to run at me. This time I did exactly what Lionblaze had said. I calculated her attacks and then dodge them. She kept on attacking me and I easily dodged every single one of them before she even had a chance to get near me.
She fell over a little bit and I knew that this was my chance to get on her. I hopped behind her and then jumped on her back. She hissed at me and i got off of her back. She looked a bit upset but then she nodded and all of that went away from her.
"Very good Moon! Great job! You must teach all of that to the clans! Our time is now up for tonight." He said to me. I then nodded to him happily. I was going to be one of the best fighters ever. I had fought of a badger without even learning how and I had gotten that basically my first try after Lionblaze had told me what to do.
Both cats disappeared and I knew that it was my time to wake up. I closed my eyes and sat down on the ground.

I woke up and saw that Mint was still asleep. I looked around her just to make sure none of the cobweb had fallen off. She was okay but I would probably have to get a new batch for her tonight.
She was breathing as well and I thanked Jayfeather in my head because he was the one that had saved her... All I did was do what he had told me to do.
I then walked from out of the ditch and sniffed the air for food. After last night, I was so hungry because I hadn't eaten since yesterday morning and I had been worn out from trying to fight off that badger.
I nudged Mint to make sure she was okay and wouldn't wake up if I went away for a little while. She didn't respond so I then began to head out of the ditch.
I sniffed the air once I had gotten out, I could still smell the badgers scent but he was long gone at this point. But I couldn't smell any other scents because of the badgers still being out here.
I then went in the opposite direction and then began to sniff once the smell of badger was gone. I smelt a squirrel, and a mouse. I decided to go after the squirrel since it was a bit bigger and would fill up the both of us.
Mint had showed me how hunt it the other day. Everytime thoughts of Mint went into my head it saddened me though. I just wanted make sure that she was okay. Jayfeather said that she would be okay, but with the wound that was there I still had my doubts.
I began heading towards the squirrel and saw it from not too far away. I started doing what Mint had taught me to do yesterday. I slowly began heading towards in and once I was close enough I began running towards it.
The squirrel once it heard be began running towards the closest tree. As soon as it began heading up I jumped above it and then pulled it down.
It made me feel so much better since I had gotten it my very first try.
I thanked Mint in my head for teaching me how to hunt the Squirrel. Maybe she could hear me... Maybe she couldn't... I then began heading back towards where we had hid at last night.
Once I was there I looked through the little tunnel that we were hiding in. Mint was still asleep and i looked at the blood spots that were all over the cobwebs. I dropped the squirrel beside her in case she was to wake up and eat some. I didn't know how long she would be out for.
I went back outside and went looking around through roots for any cobwebs. I found a few cobwebs in a nearby root and grabbed all of them. I would have to carefully take of the cobwebs she had now and then put these cobwebs on her stomach.
I grabbed some oak leaves and it didn't take me very long to get back to the ditch and drop down the oak leaves and cobwebs.
I slowly pulled of the cobwebs that way I wouldn't refresh the bleeding. She was still having a little bit of blood coming out of her but not nearly as much as she did yesterday.
I quickly then noticing she was still bleeding a little bit put some oak leaves down on her stomach and then quickly put in the cobwebs making sure she did not lose anymore blood.
There was some water that looked a bit nasty but it wouldn't be bad for us. When she woke up I would get her to drink some of it. I drank some for myself, it wasn't the best tasting water I had ever had but it would do for now.
I turned around and saw that Mint was looking at me smiling.
"Thank you for saving me Moon... I still feel like I am about to die." She said to me. I ran towards her, I wanted to jump on her and snuggle her but I didn't want her to start bleeding again. I smiled when I got near her.
"Thank Jayfeather... Now you wont die."