VIII.

(note* i know hades isn't really a devil-like kind of god, but for story sake he's gonna be like that. sorry)

"first was the clown now you anthropophage?!" the ruler of the underworld hades slammed his fists on the table as he threw it up nearly hitting the anthropophages.

"w-we apologize master, we'll do it correctly next time!" hades growled, he snapped his head towards the anthropophages. "i don't need your apologies." he summoned the undead to drag the anthropophages lower than the underworld.

they screamed for help horribly when their screams died out, hades walked over to a goblet. he grabbed a handful of seemed like black sand and threw it in the goblet, the fire roared violently and displayed an image.

of you and spinel.

he directly looked at you, he growled and clenched his fists tightly. "this child isn't even in camp half blood why is she killing all of my minions?!"

then in the flame, you stood up from your bed and looked directly at hades. "hey uncle or grandpa—ugh whatever hi hades." you waved.

"how—?!" you chuckled and shrugged. "the feeling of being watched is always there." you looked at your hand and lightly set it on fire. "what are you planning."

"it wouldn't be a surprise if i told you." you narrowed your eyes at him but you grinned "you're gonna send another weaklings to try and kill me huh?" you leaned back.

"give it up, as long as i'm here standing on this planet earth. i can't be killed."

hades smirked "what if you're not on earth?" you turned to look at hades again but the flame died out alright. you frowned "that god is full of bullshit." you stood up and stretched.

it's 8:16AM, you think you should go to the cafe to see spinel and tell her you're fine now. you're too lazy to even change, you grabbed a hoodie to cover.

you got out of the apartment and friendly neighbors waved you good morning, you waved back continued to head to the cafe.

you finally reached the cafe, you opened the door to make the bell ring. you're instantly hugged by the one and only spinel "wowie that was a fast recovery." you snickered.

"you know me." spinel carefully grabbed your arm that used to be the severely burned. "but how?" she mumbled to herself, you pursed your lips and rubbed her head softly which immediately switched her attention to you.

when she realized what she's doing her lets your arm go with a blush on her face "y-ya need to drink somethin'?" spinel lets her accent slip a little as she looked to the side.

"i'll have my usual with three donuts and croissant." spinel nodded went back behind the counter to tend to your order. you sat at the table where you first sat in this cafe.

when you heard your name being called, you went to counter to get it. spinel placed a fork and tissues on the tray, she gave you a smile and went back to take everybody's orders.

you went back to your seat and watched spinel work, you looked out in the window to see the big eiffle tower standing tall in the misty clouds. . .

YOU FORGOT TO TAKE SPINEL TO THE EIFFLE TOWER!!

your eyes widen as you remembered you were gonna take her there last night but you were burnt like a potato last night you couldn't possibly take her to the eiffle tower unless you jump into a fountain.

you grabbed one of your donuts and took a bite off of it, it's pretty good. then out of the corner of your eye, you saw something fly within the misty clouds. you frowned and thought it's your mind playing tricks.

then you saw spinel sat on the opposite seat, "this is gonna sound really weird straight forward but. . ." spinel trailed off, you took one last sip of your drink until you settled it down the table.

"what is it?"

"you're a demigod aren't you?" your eyes widen but you maintained your posture. "huh? what makes you say that?" you chuckled lightly.

"i—!" spinel was about to say something but it was cut off when something broke the window next to you, you jumped to spinel's side to hugged her covering her from the flying glass shards.

as everything is kinda calm, you let spinel go and went to look what got thrown. a few table away you spotted what seemed like a brick. you picked it up and a note is strapped onto it.

you broke the rubber band and read the note, the handwriting is horrid it look like it's written by a toddler. you can barely understand it.

'we now? know? were u r nd de girl'

great handwriting.

you crumbled it up and stuffed it into your pocket, you threw the brick into the trashcan. "what the hell was that?!" the girl with the eyepatch said.

"it's nothing, just some punks wanted to be beaten up." you stuffed your hands into your picket while clenching the note tightly. "ugh. . . we have to pay for the window." spinel groaned.

"maybe i can lend some money." you grabbed 'your' wallet and straight up gave it to spinel. spinel backed up and held up her hands "no no, thank you." you shook your head and continued to give her the wallet.

"no it's fine, just take it to fix the cafe." you looked at your tray to see you're not yet finished.

"do you have a bag?"

✴✴✴✴✴

you took a bite off your donut, you walked into a random street you don't even know but it's fine.

as you turned to a corner, it was dead end. you were about to turn back but you heard a voice, your rolled your eyes and walked forward to see what it was.

you took the last bite out of your donut and took a sip of your drink to wash it down "you piece of shit! you have no—ARRAHASSHH!!" you burned the harpy that is pretending to be an old man.

it dropped into the ground while it's smoking "nice try." you walked out of the alleyway and got back into the main street.

"poor devin, it seems like attacking her head on isn't gonna work. let's go after the girl!"