VII.

you stopped at the distance that seemed safe, you looked at the anthropophage's eyes, you sent your hands on fire as the flames crawls up to half of your arms.

"not gonna answer huh?" the anthropophage roared and came running to you with their horrid jagged teeth out in the open. you dodged one, kicked the other in the stomach that sent it flying to the ceiling and punched the last one to the side hard.

the one you avoided came up behind you with it's claws onto you this time. you swiftly moved to the side and intensified your flames then punched in a hole in it's stomach.

disgusting goo got into your hands, you visibly cringed and flicked it off. not long after it's fellow anthropophage is dead, the one you sent flying to the ceiling came falling onto you.

and at the same time, the one from the side is always heading towards you full speed. you looked up and to your left to calculate the exact moment, you took a deep breath and intensified your flames once more.

the kind of flames you have now can match up to the sun's heat, and just a mere second of you being crushed or slashed by the anthropophages.

you released a heat waved within the restaurant and the restaurant only, you can control this kind of power but it requires practice. in this case, you didn't get any practice and your arms has different levels of burns.

as you think this incinerated the anthropophage, you stopped and collapsed on the floor. you bit your lower lip as the intense burns started to kick in, you entire body is steaming and your clothes are charred.

you have to get out of here but what about spinel?

she's safe, yes, but she's obviously worried about you.

you grunted and stood up, you held your most severe burnt arm and headed to the kitchen where there's a backdoor. you got out in the back of the restaurant and you noticed how the place turned into a big coal.

you gulped and continued on, you can alot of lights flashing like the police and the ambulance. you leaned against the wall and took a peek on the edge to see if spinel is still there.

yep, she's sitting in the ambulance with a blanket over her looking worried to death. you looked around to get her attention, then you remembered your phone.

you fished it out but it was burned. . .

fuck.

you threw it away, you grabbed a pebble and aimed at spinel but carefully don't hurt her. it landed on her lap, she looked around to see who threw it then she saw your waving your still useful arm.

you can see spinel's eyes widen, she removed the blanket off of her and ran to you. you leaned back against the wall and spinel came in front of you.

spinel covered her mouth and you can see tears filling her eyes "hey hey, why are you crying? it's those demons' fault." though you are speaking the truth that you fought were demons but regular humans use as an insult.