IV.

"finally!" spinel slumped down on the counter as her shift is over. "you did so well on your first day." pink (pearl) said, spinel grumbled and looked at her friend who's cleaning the utensils.

"can you teach me french?" peeps shook her head "i don't even know french!" spinel frowned "then why did you take this job and dragged me into this baguette country?!"

"two words. money and that girl you met." peeps smirked as she saw spinel's face light up, "geez, it's like you know she's gonna here."

"perhaps." peeps hummed, spinel looked out in the windows. it's gotten really dark but the streets are lit up by the passing cars' headlights and streetlights.

"it's really pretty." spinel said to herself, "hey, aren't you going home?" peeps tapped spinel's head. the girl stood up and grabbed her back near her feet.

peeps closed the shop, both girls walked while talking. their apartments are a walking distance and it'll usually take about 10 minutes to get there.

then spinel noticed someone under the streetlight wearing all black. spinel and peeps doesn't know what to do with this, are they gonna run or just stay frozen.

"hey kid, wanna see somethin' scary?" the figure said in complete english. spinel backed up, the person grinned and dropped his hood to reveal a monstrous sight.

the girls screamed, the person roared with laughter which eventually stopped when a voice boomed from above the buildings.

"vous ne pouvez pas simplement vous aider, n'est-ce pas?" they said.

(*you just can't control yourself, can you)

"oh hey y—!" what the person was the say was stopped when the other one jumped down and punched them in the face with their fire in their hands.

"ugh! what the hell?! i was having fun!" the person who was punched said.

"amusez-vous dans les enfers à la place." the person with fire punched them again and kicked their crouch. the person surely felt that, even spinel cringed at it.

(* have fun in the underworld instead)

but her focus isn't with the beat up person, more likely with the one fire head one. their voice seemed a little. . . familiar though.

the fire head grabbed the person's shirt and leaned to their ear "revenir aux hades et sucer sa bite." they said in french and lets them go

"wha—!" the person was about say something again but the fire head ignited their hand again. the person yelped, they nodded and ran away into the darkness.

the fire head watched them disappear, they sighed and was about to live but then remember there are two girls who watched them beat up kobalos.

the fire head walked towards the girls and they're backing away. "don't speak about what happened tonight." they said in a deep voice making them intimidated and they shook their heads vigorously.

the fire head chuckled and then ran away.

spinel watched the person go out of her field on vision until peeps snapped her out of her daze. "c-come on, let's go home!" she grabbed spinel's arm.

who was that?

✴✴✴✴✴

you landed at the roof of your apartment and panted heavily, you immediately removed your trench coat and sighed.

you looked at your hands, you lied unto the roof as you looked at the empty dark night sky. the only thing lighting everything up in the city's abundant source of lights.

you stood up, grabbed your coat and entered your apartment through the attic window, hopefully people didn't see you as thief.

as you finally got to your bed, you crashed onto it and rubbed your face unto the softness of the pillow. eventually you fell asleep unintentionally again.

"you piece of shit."