Needle and Thread

Tumblr Request: "Maybe jay baby either getting fixed up by reader or fixing up the reader after patrol? Miss you love 💕"

-----------

The needle gently pierced through his skin, Jason winced and let out strained breath. A quiet sorry escaped your lips, eyes still focused on the wound you were currently stitching up. You pulled the needle through again, trying to make it as least painful as possible. He grunted again above you. "Do you need more anesthetic?"

He shook his head. "Nah doll, I can take it."

Rolling your eyes you pulled it through again. "You know that you don't have to act tough with me. If you need it you need it."

He let out a chuckle above you before another sharp breath left him. "Yeah maybe a little bit wouldn't hurt." He heard you hum in approval and reach for the anesthetic. Dripping it on a rag, you held it to his wound long enough for it to numb the area further.

You pulled the needle through once more, then again and again, successfully finishing off the stitches and tying them off. With one final movement you taped some gauze over the stitches and sat back. "You're all set." Saying while you wiped your hands and threw the supplies back in the first aid kit. Then picked up the soiled gauze and thread to throw it in the trash.

"What would I do without you?" Jason called out and you smiled at him over your shoulder.

"Probably bleed out."

He chuckled and stood up slowly as to not ruin your hard work. He followed you into the kitchen, finding you at the sink washing your hands. He smiled and came up behind you, pressing his lips to your cheek. "Thank you"

Smiling you turned your head to peck his lips. "You're welcome. Want to know what will make up for it?"

"What's that?"

"You stay in tomorrow night to let that heal and cook me one of those amazing meals you always make me.

Jason hummed for a moment before pulling you away from the sink after drying your hands. You turned and faced him. He wrapped your arms around his neck. "I think I can accommodate that."

Grinning you pecked his lips again. "Good, and don't make me break out that first aid kit anytime soon either."

He chuckled and shook his head. "I'll try"

"Good, now let's go to bed. It's 4 am, you owe me an hour of sleeping in."

"Anything you want doll."