Words To Describe

Tumblr Request: "Could you do "You may be an idiot, but you're my idiot." with Jason Todd? Good luck doll <3"

---

You paced back and forth in your apartment. Picking at your nails out of nervous habit. 'Why were you so nervous?' you may ask. Well the answer was the simple collection of three names: Jason Peter Todd.

The infamous Red Hood and leader of The Outlaws. He could be described as many thing. Handsome, cunning, witty, fearless. Well fearless unless it came to you. When you're mad, you can strike the fear of God in anyone.

And right now you were a combination of pissed, nervous, and all out fear for him.

Three days ago was when The Outlaws were supposed to come home from a mission. However instead of receiving your boyfriend, you received the most cryptic message from Roy.

Reading:

"Won't be back today. Something went wrong. Add three days."

And that was it. Radio silence for three days. You'd gotten messages like this before, but you'd get updates through out the time extension.

God knows what happened to them or if they were alright! Jason could be dead, or dead again, for all you know. You were ready to call Bruce no matter how pissed off it would make Jason.

You were so nervous you had begun to seem sickly. Everyone asking if you were alright. Today your boss even sent you home early with pay because he was worried.

"Please be okay" You whispered, pacing feet still in their rhythm.

Glancing at the clock every-so-often. 12:50.... 12:51..... 12:52

Every passing minute feeling like hours as your anxiety increased.

It hit 1:00 and you were sick of standing there helpless. Grabbing your phone you scrolled through the contacts until you found Bruce's number. Thumb hovering over the contact.

Just about to click the call button you heard the bedroom window slide open. Dropping the phone on the couch before running into the room. Your tense body relaxed upon seeing blue eyes and a white streak in otherwise raven black hair.

Jason's eyes immediately shot to yours. He knew you were mad, how could you not be?

"[F/n] I'm so sorry" he walked toward with open arms. But you weren't letting him off that easily.

"You're sorry?! I thought you were dead Jason!" you yelled, infuriated. You hated his 'sorry's. He said it every time he came home late or when he knew you were mad.

"Three days Jason! Nothing other than a cryptic message telling me something went wrong. Do you know how badly that tore me up inside? I couldn't work! I couldn't sleep!" emotions boiling over as the anxiety and nervousness depleted.

"Please, I'm sorry. Our position was compromised and we had to lay low before we could finish the mission. I wanted to contact you but we couldn't risk the message being intercepted. I'm so so so sorry babe." he pleaded keeping his eyes locked with yours.

"I'm an ass and you deserve to be mad in every way. I should've found a way to get a hold of you. I'm truly sorry [F/n]." His voice was genuine and he was terrified he had actually done it. Made you sick of him.

You could see the worry through his unfaltering gaze.

Emotion, Gentleness, Kind, Loving.... Words you'd use to describe him. Words you were seeing now.

Taking a deep breath and regretting the outburst, you encircled your arms around his waist,head buried in his chest.

"I'm not mad, I was just scared I lost you." you confessed and his arms wrapped around you, feeling his nose nestle in your hair.

"I'm sorry I'm such an idiot" his grip tightening.

"You may be an idiot, but you're my idiot" smiling into his chest as the words got muffled by his shirt.

"I love you [F/n]" his tone was soft and delicate, something even rare to you.

"I love you too Jaybird" looking up to meet his blue eyes again. Smiling he leaned down placing a chaste kiss on your lips.

It was true... he may be an idiot, but at least he's yours.