Dislocations Gone Right

[Fd/n] - Friend Name

---

If there was one thing you love, it's figure skating. It's been something you've done since you were a child. Always striding to get to that next step, complete that next turn, land that next jump. In the winter you could be found at a frozen pond behind your home, in the summer it was at the ice rink. Your parents watched you grow as their child and an athlete. Everyone in your family found your skating captivating whenever they got the chance to watch you. Family friends would often end up finding you on the pond and end up watching you as well.

You are born for this. It's what you were put on this earth to do, and nothing was going to stop you. And nothing did. Continuing to grow in your skating, winning contest after contest. First place ribbons were your wallpaper. Winning at nearly every level. Though you had one step to overcome, and that's to get into the Olympics. One day you'd represent everyone in your country on the ice. You know that day will come, it has too. It just has too.

So despite multiple concerns expressed by your coach and family you train day after day. Constantly being told not to strain yourself. How were you supposed to slow down when you're this close?!

It wasn't until a childhood friend asked if you would stop by to see her at one of the ice skating classes she would teach. Saying how the minute she expressed the both of you are friends her students begged for you to come and visit them. You had training to do, but how could you turn this down? You'd always wanted to help someone learn. Guest teaching a whole class would be an honor. So, you accepted the offer.

You were walking toward the ice rink your friend worked at. Hair pulled back with your bag hanging loosely on your shoulder. Though you weren't paying attention to your surroundings while reading some texts from your coach. He was once again scolding you over not having taken any breaks since you were told you're eligible participate in preliminary rounds.

This is kind of a break, right?

Walking in you accidentally bumped into someone, mumbling an apology before making your way inside. Not taking in the faces of the two men you bumped into.

Walking into the area of the rink you heard laughing and squealing. Obviously it was the young class warming up. Tucking your phone away, smiling at the sight of the young skaters.

Leaning against the barrier you just stared through the glass for a while. Watching the kids warm up and your friend making sure everyone was doing it correctly, you weren't pulled away until you heard a small voice gasp.

Seeing a small girl with black locks and a pair of sparkling green eyes. "Y-you're [F/n] [L/n]" she smiled pointing to you. Smiling with a small laugh you kneeled to her eye level, "I am, what's your name sweetie?"

She smiled widely, "Lian!" exclaiming happily. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you Lian." holding your hand out to her. She took it, still beaming. "But excuse me if I'm wrong, shouldn't you be warming up with your class?" noticing the pair of skates on her feet. She nodded before waving to you and running to the door of the rink. You were about to yell for her not to run in her skates but she was already gone and on the rink.

Laughing to yourself you shook your head. "She reminds me of me" sitting in a chair to slip your own pair on. "[F/n]!" Turning your head to the voice of your friend. "[Fd/n]" you greeted, standing up on the blade without so much as a wobble. Giving her a quick hug before she led you to the rink. "Gosh how have you been?" she questioned.

"You know, a lot of training. Getting scolded by my coach for over training." You laughed, as did she. "You never were one for taking breaks" commenting while stepping on to the ice. Following suit you shrugged, "Guilty is charged."