Attraction To A Stranger

Prompt: "Person A sees Person B in the waiting room of an airport and tries to get in touch with them without actually talking, eventually managing to slip a paper with their number in the book Person B was reading. How all of this happens is up to you. Bonus if Person C is the one helping Person A."

---

Jason was sitting, bored as all hell, in the seats outside his gate. Roy sat next to him hat pulled over his face, trying to get a few minutes shut eye. Jason sighed leaning into the back of his seat, just people watching.

He was unamused by anyone until a [h/c] haired girl with the most stunning [e/c] eyes sat in an open chair across from where he was. You had a set of headphones in, completely oblivious to anyone and everyone around you. Observing as you would gaze at the gate and check your watch.

Jason found you absolutely stunning. Every move you made entranced him. Even more amazing when he saw you pull out a book he found to be one of his favorites. Watching as you turn each page eagerly, looking forward to how the plot continues onto the next page.

He just wanted to get up, sit in the seat next to you, and strike up a conversation. But for some reason he just... couldn't.

So, he just continued to watch.

"Dude you look like a stalker.. Or a crazy boyfriend. One of the two" Roy interrupted Jason's staring. He shot the archer a glare. "I don't look like a stalker"

"Kind of do the way you're staring at the poor girl." Roy whispered. Making Jason roll his eyes before they landed on the stranger again. "Just go talk to her"

"I.. I just... I don't know" Jason crossed his arms shrugging. Looking at Roy he saw he had a shit eating smirk, "You're scared to talk to her" he teased.

"What? No! I'm not scared to talk to her. I just... don't want to interrupt her book" Jason glanced over looking for an excuse.

"Yeah, whatever you say Jaybird. Then I guess you won't mind if I went over there and talked to her, maybe asked her out got her number" Roy's smirk widened as Jason sent another glare. "Fuck you Harper"

"Ah, there it is. The truth comes out. Jason's nervous to talk to a girl." Roy shook him by the shoulders, leading Jason to hit his hands away. The movements catching your eye, chuckling upon seeing the exchange before looking down at the page once more.

"She just looked at us by the way" Roy commented, making Jason's eyes widen and look at you once more. "Just go over there already, aren't you the one who girls swoon over?"

"Shut up" Jason shook his head, running a hand through his hair. Messing up the white streak. "Well what if you got her to talk to you, pace around her, maybe drop something to catch her attention?" Roy offered up some suggestions.

"Why do I feel like I'm in middle school with a crush? I'm a grown man I should just walk over there" Jason pinched his nose as if he were getting a headache.

But he eventually did what Roy said, just trying to get your attention. Tried to drop something by you, and 'accidentally' bumped your seat. However, you were to entranced in your book and deafened by your music to notice.

That was until they heard your phone begin to ring, watching as you picked it up from the space at your side. Pulling out your headphones and setting your book on the open space next to you.

"Hey Mom" Jason heard you speak for the first time and was even more attracted to you. "No, I'm just sitting at my gate. There's still some time before boarding." you continued to talk on the phone.

"Now's your chance, slip your number in her book. She's facing away from it." Roy was indeed right, you had your attention turned to a window opposite the direction of your book.

Jason nodded, scribbling down his number on a piece of paper with a small note. Carefully he strode over, staying out of your vision. Sticking the paper on the page your bookmark was and backtracked to his seat.

Leaning against the armrest, waiting for you to find it. As you continued to talk he ended up pulling out a book of his own, phone stuffed in the pocket of his leather jacket.

"Alright Mom. Yes I'll be careful. I love you too. Bye." Hanging up the phone with your ever worrying mother. You grew up in Gotham, of course you can handle yourself elsewhere. Chuckling you picked up your book, opening it to the marked page.

Though when opening the book a small folded sheet of paper fell into your lap. Confused, you unfolded it reading the contents.

'Hey, so I've been trying to get your attention but it seems you like that book about as much as I did when I first read it. I'm across from you if you're up for a date some time.

###-###-####'

You looked up from the note to see two men. One with red hair that was scrolling through his phone and the other with black hair and a white streak through it. Both were rather attractive but the one with the black hair was just gorgeous in your eyes.

Hoping for the best you typed in the number and sent a message.

Jason felt the phone buzz in his pocket and dug it out. Clicking the screen it lit up to reveal a message from an unknown number. Not noticing the smile grow on your face as you watched the screen.

"That's one way to give a girl your number. But a name might be nice to know first deary.. -_^"

Jason looked up at you with a dumbfounded look, you covered your mouth giggling before removing it and waving at him. He grinned before beginning to tap the screen.

"Jason Todd. Your turn doll"

Chuckling at the nickname you answered quicky.

"[F/n] [L/n]"

Looking up you saw his buddy looking over his shoulder before he smirked and stole the phone, swiftly typing on the screen.

Reading the message you let out an audible laugh, muffling it with your hand.

"About time he got to talking to you. But how about instead of this texting shit, you sit with us on the flight. Get to know Jaybird audibly."

After you stopped laughing you responded.

"It'd be my pleasure. I'd love to talk to 'Jaybird'"

Jason visibly blushed at the use of his nickname Roy had for him, even if it was only through text.

Though one thing he was looking forward to was hearing you talk to him with the same smile you had been talking on the phone with earlier. Little did he know about how this would be the start to something he'd forever treasure.