Meeting the Archer

Tumblr Request: "Jason x reader where the reader meets Roy for the first time"

---

Today was the day, you're meeting one of Jason's 'coworkers' as he liked to call them. But you knew it was one of the other members of the Outlaws. Today you were meeting Roy Harper aka Arsenal.

And you were terrified! This is Jason's best friend! What if he hates you? Or thinks you're not good enough for him? So many things could go wrong!!

Jason had suggested that you should meet Roy first in order to ease you into this, saying, and I quote "An orange alien may be a bit overwhelming to start with" leaving you rather confused.

But let's focus on the problem at hand. You're currently overthinking this, remember?

"[F/n] calm down, Roy's going to love you.. Well maybe not 'love,' we'll leave that to me." Smirking as he lead you by the hand. Through the park, to a cafe you both enjoyed.

"I don't know if I can do this Jay, what if he doesn't like me?" Insecurities on full display at this point. Your hand gripping his slightly tighter, but enough for him to notice.

"He's going to like you I promise" he stopped walking and turned to stand in front of you. Gluing his blue eyes to your [e/c] ones.

"What if he thinks I'm not good enough for you?" diverting your hues to your intertwined hands.

He shook his head, "That's nonsense, if anything I'm not good enough for you. You're beautiful, smart, kind, an amazing listener and person in general, shall I go on?" pulling you a bit closer to him.

"I'm flattered by the compliments Jay but I don't think I'm ready" pulling your hand from his. Turning to retreat, but feelin a grip on your wrist.

You were tugged back and lifted over his shoulder, squealing "JASON!"

"Sorry babe, but Roy's waiting and I'm not letting you chicken out. I'll carry you the entire way if I have to" You could hear the blatant smirk in his tone. This boy.

"Jason I swear to all things holy, if you don't put me down" Threatening in the most intimidating way you could, but in the current situation you were anything but intimidating.

You heard his chuckle, "You're cute you know that" patting your ass in the process. You normally wouldn't blush at the gesture, but he usually did it in private. And currently you weren't in private, getting giggles and chuckles out of every person you passed.

Feeling your face heating up in the process. "FINE!" giving in, "I won't run just put me down!"

"Magic words?" he stopped walking and smirked over his shoulder so you could see him. "Please" you smiled innocently at him.

"Not that magic word, the other ones" Giving him the 'you're joking, right?' glare. "Say'em"

"Fine... Red Hood is better than Batman" muttering so only he could hear you. "And?" he lead on, " and was the best Robin" you finished. He laughed before putting you down, "Damn straight"

"Let's go before I change my mind" chuckling while tugging at his hand. Obeying he followed, making your way to lunch.

It was a nice little cafe. Having outdoor seating on warm days like today. Making your way inside, you watched as Jason examined faces. He stopped on a man that matched Roy's description.

Standing when Jason walked over to him. They did that bro hug thing that guys do with their buddies. Smiling you walked over to the pair, Jason wrapped an arm around you. "Roy this is [F/n], [F/n] meet Roy"

Shaking his hand he looked you over before allowing a large grin to make it's way onto his features. "Ah, so this is the one true love. What the hell Jay I thought you were always talking about me?"

You laughed at the hurt expression and tone he used. Jason only shook his head chuckling. You both saw across from the red haired male, holding the others hand on the table.

"I never thought I'd see my jaybird falling in love" Roy wiped away a fake tear. You're liking this guy.

After ordering a couple drinks, Roy began to dive into stories about Jason on missions. Highlighting his most ungraceful moments. Even making Jason's cheeks flush from embarrassment.

"And then this one time, he was jumping rooftops with Kori and I. Though Kori doesn't need to jump roofs. Anyways, Jason thought it would be fun to see who could do it the fastest, and we raced. He was about to win until he got cocky and misstepped. He ended up getting his foot caught on the ledge and he straight up face planted. He.. he" getting cut off with his own laughter. "He ended up breaking his nose and needed stitches on his forehead." You were both laughing now.

"Oh man that's nothing! On our one month anniversary.." You began but was cut off.

"Don't you dare!" his tone darkened but you couldn't help yourself. You only laughed it off, "Oh come on it's funny. So anyway, he had called me earlier that day asking me to come over his place that night. He sounded super stressed and I knew he would be out. I went over before he would be home. Set up this whole elaborate relaxing night. Candles, his favorite take out, favorite whiskey, me~ if you're catching my drift." He nodded suppressing laughter, while Jason was hiding behind his hands. "So I'm waiting in his room for like an hour after he was supposed to get back, I get tired of it and walk out into the living room. To find he had eaten the food, drank the whiskey and passed out on the couch"

"Oh god no way" Roy laughed. "I'm dead serious. But I didn't have the heart to wake him up. He felt so bad the next day." Nudging Jason's arm.

"I'm disowning both of you" he mumbled before lifting his head to look at you. "Aw but you love us" Roy jutted out his lower lip.

"Yeah, you wouldn't dare disown me" Pecking his cheek after speaking. "Yeah you're right I wouldn't disown you" he pecked your lips, eliciting a teasing 'aw' from Roy. "But him!" pointing an accusing finger at the archer, "He started the embarrassing stories"

"But you still love me, right Jaybird?" You were beginning to love that nickname and were definitely going to use it.

Jason only rolled his eyes, "That's 'yes' in Jason speak" Roy made you laugh once again.

Though your laughter was cut off by his phone ringing. "Sorry to cut this short love birds but Ollie needs me and duty calls" he said whilst reading the text.

Before he left they gave each other another bro hug. "It was so nice meeting you Roy, let's all get together again soon" you hugged him. "You bet" he replied enthusiastically.

When he pulled away and went to leave he made sure to tell Jason, "Treat her right Jaybird, she's a keeper" patting his shoulder before leaving.

After he left you and Jason followed suit soon after.

"And you were worried" he chuckled, walking through the park once again.

"I was but I'm glad you talked me into going. He's a really good guy" you smiled, leaning into Jason. "I think I'm going to be the one worried to get you two together now, in order to save my dignity" he chuckled.

Laughing you kissed his cheek, "What dignity?"

"Ouch" he mocked offense, making you both chuckle. "What do you say we head back to my place and I make up for what happened on our anniversary?"

"Oo, someone's eager" teasing laced in your voice, an amused grin on your face.

He tugged you back toward him throwing you over his shoulder again. "Very eager" he laughed before carrying you through the park.

"Goddammit Jason" yelling as he carried you.

Only getting laughs out of him, smirking he said "You shouldn't have told that story."