Big Bro Jason

Tumblr Request: "hey! i love your writing sm and i was wondering if i could request 5 with jason todd? where the reader is like his little sibiling and lives with him maybe? i love the idea of an innocent kid knowing about everything and jason just trying to protect them bc theyre small and pure aaah <3 thank u sm and i hope ur having a great day! ur writing is great<3″

Prompt 5:"Do you think we're bad people?"

---

Jason's your older brother. He's been taking care of you since you were both on the streets after your mother's overdose all those years ago. Though you were still very young and didn't remember much.

Now you lived with him in his apartment. He thinks that you're unaware of everything he does as Red Hood but in reality you know a lot. He thinks because you're younger that he has to protect you all of the time.

And he does. He never brings his Red Hood business home. But you have questions about that life. It intrigued you.

"Hey Jason" You brought his attention away from the tv.

"Huh?" he responded looking over to you coming into the living room.

You sat on the arm chair, sitting with your legs crossed, "Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead shrimp" he teased, always giving you a nickname pertaining to your short stature compared to him.

"What's it like on patrols at night? You never talk about them" you leaned forward, against your legs.

"[F/n] I don't want to talk to you about this" his tone was strict, but it didn't effect you really.

"Why? Do you think we're bad people?" tilting your head to the side in confusion.

"No I don't think we're bad people, but I don't want you hearing about the bad people in this city." shifting in his seat to look at you better.

"But Jason" you whined, "No buts the answer is no!" he cut you off.

You crossed your arms and slumped in your seat, pouting of course. "Stop pouting" he scolded. "I do what I want" you lipped off.

Though your pout soon turned to a look of shock when a pillow hit your face. Shooting a glare at him, you saw another pillow in his hands. Squealing when you jumped to the back of the chair for cover.

Grabbing pillows you began to throw them at him. You got a couple hits but he dodged most of them. Eventually he snuck around the chair and began to hit you with another pillow.

"No.. Jason stop!" You yelped trying to steal the pillow from him. "Not until you admit I'm the best brother and know best" he laughed as he continued to hit you.

"Okay okay! 'You're the best brother and sometimes know best'" you yelped and he dropped the pillow on your face.

"I'll take it" he stood up and began to walk away. "I hate you" yelling after him.

"I know you mean love" he teased from the kitchen, beginning to make dinner. It was Sunday which meant Jason's homemade pizza (well Alfred's recipe anyways).

When he placed the pizza in the oven and returned to the room you had taken over the remote. "Food'll be done in about a half hour." he stated before sitting down. You replied with a simple nod, eyes locked on your favorite show.

"Hey, I just want you to know i don't tell you about patrols because I'm trying to protect you" he verified causing you to look at him.

"I know" nodding again. "I just worry, you're the only family I have left. Well close family, I'm grateful to Bruce and everything but it's different having gone through everything we have."

He nodded, "I know. I'll always protect you. We're the only things we have left of our past life."

You smiled, he was actually being open with you. "And who else would I throw pillows at?"

There it was. His brotherly instincts taking over. You merely chuckled and shook your head. He may be overprotective and a bit secretive, but he is your brother and you love him.