Try Try Again [Pt. 2 to Why Try?]

[Frnd/n] - Friend Name

---

It had been about 6 months since you and Jason split up, or more you left him. You still couldn't believe how everything ended. How he didn't fight for you or try and stop you. He just let you walk out, and it hurts. Your friend let you move in with her after everything happened. Though she felt it was time you get back out there.

You never went out anymore and she's worried about you. Having used to been so full of life, it was worrying to see you go to work, classes, and come home. Not doing anything in your freetime, only watching TV or reading. Though there was one morning when the mail came with two rather elegant envelopes. One was addressed to you and the other your friend, [Frnd/n].

They were two invitations to the Wayne Charity Gala, and you DID NOT want to go. "I'm not going. I don't want to see him [Frnd/n]. It will be humiliating, even when we were there together women hung on him. I don't want to see that. It hurts, especially since he didn't even fight for me to stay." Your voice cracked at the last statement.

"[F/n]" [Frnd/n] said, pulling you into a hug. "I know it's hard. I know you loved him and he made the biggest mistake of his life. You're smart, and gorgeous, and amazing in every way. But you shouldn't let him stop you from being happy. How about this? I will find you a date if you decide to go." She offered, making you laugh. "One of Caleb's friends?" You asked, referring to her boyfriend.

"Maybe" she shrugged. You nodded, "Okay, but at least let it be someone I've met before." She grinned, "you've got yourself a deal."

It wasn't long until you learned that you were going with [Frnd/n]'s boyfriend's friend, Josh. You had met him before but very briefly, hearing mixed things about him, like he was a player and an ass, but that he has cleaned up his act lately. Leaving you to believe it may be a nice night.

Boy were you wrong. The minute you walked in he ended up fawning over multiple different women. Caleb apologized profusely for his friend's behavior, blaming it on the alcohol. Waving it off you sat at one of the tables, watching your fingers trail over the fabric of your dress. You'd been asked to dance a few times but declined, knowing the men who asked had no interest in getting to know you. Their only interest was to somehow convince you to go home with them.

You looked around the room seeing the people of high society socializing, unbeknownst to the pair of cerulean eyes watching you.

"Why don't you go talk to her?" Dick asked, coming beside Jason. Jason didn't answer just continued to stare at you, thinking about how beautiful you look. "Jason, I know you still love her. We all do. Why'd you even let her walk out that night?" He sneered at the question and downed the rest of his drink. "I don't know." He shook his head, not looking at his brother. Eyes falling on a group of women his age fawning over him and the man beside him. Making him roll his eyes. Dick grit his teeth, holding back from shoving Jason right over you. Dick patted Jason's shoulder before walking away to find Barbara.

Jason's eyes scanned the room. Them falling on the guy you came with. He made Jason's blood boil, obviously having just used you for your plus one to the gala. How could [Frnd/n] allow that? Scoffing at how the man kissed a girl's hand. Glancing back he saw you sitting on your own, looking rather dejected. He'd had enough.

Setting down his glass he pushed by the people and right up to Josh. "Hey!" he caught his attention before grabbing his collar. "Whoa man what're you doing?" Josh yelped while trying to remove Jason's hands from his shirt. "You think it's fun to use people? Huh?"

"Dude what are you talking about?" He laughed but it only angered Jason more. "I'm talking about the woman you used for her plus one tonight." He growled through grit teeth. But Josh started to laugh more, "Oh, I know you. You're Jason Todd, [F/n]'s ex. You broke her heart man, brought this upon her. Pitiful really, thought maybe I'd throw her a bone tonight. She may not be my type but she's still hot. Maybe I'll –" He was saying before the smirk got wiped off his face by Jason's fist. The way he was talking about you just set Jason off.

He saw red and didn't stop even when Dick tried to pull him off him. It wasn't until he heard someone else. "Oh my god Jason stop!" His fist halted in the air, feeling a hand grab his wrist. Looking he saw you standing there, holding his arm in place. He allowed his arm to fall, and you turned away from him. "Josh, are you alright?" Asking while kneeling by him. He nodded sitting up, meeting the Jason's eyes before shrinking away.

Suddenly Jason stood up and stormed away. You got up, chasing after him, "Jason!" yelling while following him. "Stop!" Continuing to yell his name and for him to stop until you were out in the gardens alone. "For fucksake will you stop!" Screaming as his feet came to a halt. "What the hell was that?!"

He didn't say anything but did turn around and met your eyes. "Answer me dammit!" He didn't, making you heave an irritated breath. "Why? You haven't talked to me in months and I show up to the gala your family invited me to and bloody up my date! Yeah he was an ass but you didn't leave me much of a choice. You didn't fight for me or talk to me, just let me go and n–" Your rant was cut short from him basically running over and crashing his lips onto yours.

After the initial shock you found yourself kissing him back but pushed him away after realizing. "No! No no no!" Saying while punching his chest, feeling hot tears stream down your cheeks. "[F/n]" he caught your attention, meeting his blue hues. "I'm so so sorry I did that to you. I don't know why I did. I'm still in love with you, I never stopped being in love with you. I thought I was burdening you with my problems and it scared me. I thought I was saving you the pain of my nightmares and horrors of patrol but instead I pushed you away, and I regret it more than anything in my life. I'm weak and selfish and never should've hurt you like that." He shook his head, feeling tears sting at his eyes.

You stared at him in shock. Not having expected that, "Why now?" You whispered.

"Because, I saw you with that asshole and I couldn't take the way he treated you. The way he talked about you like some object. I realized how stupid I was and how huge of a mistake I made. I'm so sorry, and I love you. I love you so fucking much and I'm an idiot for ever letting you go. I'm so sorry I hurt you." Watching as the tears streamed down his cheeks, your heart screamed to embrace him but your head reminded you of the night you left.

"Jason I–" You shook your head before he kissed you again, this time hard and passionate. A kiss of love. One that reminded your brain of every good moment that far outnumbered the bad. Pulling away he rested his forehead to yours, "Please give me a second chance, I love you more than life itself."

Eyes meeting his you saw how genuine those words were, and how regretful he was of letting you leave. You allowed a smile before admitting, "I love you too."