Unofficial Firefighter

Tumblr Request: "Hey, girlfriend! Congrats on 1,400!!! thats awesome! How about 8. and 14. from the prompt list? Thanks, love you!😘🎉"

Prompt 8: "Why are you so jealous?"
Prompt 14: "Just please be my best friend right now, not the guy I just confessed my love to.

---

It was a brisk Gotham evening as you made the trek to your best friend's apartment. That best friend being Jason Todd, son of the Bat himself. Even though Jason would never openly admit it. You two had been best friends since before he died at the hands of the Joker, since before he met Bruce! You were street kids together, always had the other's back. But when he came back, it felt like you two picked up right where you left off. It was the dose of normal and stability he needed after something as drastic as what he'd gone through. The man died for goodness sake.

It's been a couple years since he returned and everything seemed to be more stable in his life. He was on good terms with his family again, you two still were the best of friends, he was even thinking about getting a dog! But that's beside the point. The only thing missing really was a relationship, and you wished you could fit that bill. His family rooted for you, everyone wanted Jason and you to get together. But, you were too nervous to tell him and risk your friendship.

So, you settled for your movie nights and bar nights the both of you shared. Knocking on his apartment door you waited patiently. However, no sign of life came from the apartment. Had Jason forgotten your movie night? It wouldn't be the first time he went out on patrol or a big mission early without realizing you two had plans.

Figuring that the case you sighed before heading back out of the building. Night had fallen over the city, thinking it best you called for a cab while sitting on the stairs to Jason's apartment building. Sighing your chin rested in your palm, watching cars speed down the street in front of you. That was until you heard a girl's higher pitched laughter and a man's low chuckle. However, you recognized that chuckle. Standing to see Jason walking toward the building with a girl with bright blonde hair hanging on his arm in a tiny dress.

You had to admit the woman was gorgeous, making you even more aware of the fact you wore a baggy sweatshirt and simple sweat pants. Jason looked up to see you there, "[F/n]? What are you doing here?"

You stared between them, feeling jealousy bubble in your chest. "Movie night. Which you obviously forgot." A bit of sharpness in your tone. Jason rose an eyebrow at you, not used to such an aggressive presence from you. He asked his date to head inside and that he'd meet her at her door. Meaning she lived there too.

"Why are you so jealous?" He questioned, obviously confused. "I'm not jealous" You spat at him. Jason crossed his arms unconvinced, "Is it because I forgot movie night? I'm sorry, it just completely slipped my mind and this was the only night me and her could –" Rattling off his excuse before you cut him off. "IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MOVIE JASON!" Yelling at him, feeling even more jealousy and anger bubble in your heart.

"I don't understand."

"Of course you don't" Scoffing as he took a step toward you. "[F/n] what is it I'm not understanding?"

Was he really this oblivious? This out of tune with your emotions? Sick and tired of holding in your feelings, they all just spilled out like a can of paint on the pavement.

"THAT I LOVE YOU DAMMIT! That I love and have loved you since before the pit! Since before Bruce! Fuck, I don't know how you never noticed!" Yelling at him. All the anger in your chest turning to sadness as he didn't respond but just stared at you. "I love you Jason." Shrugging as tears stung your eyes.