Grappling Hook Oopsies

This one is inspired on this post: https://avengerdragoness.tumblr.com/post/171706790972/jason-redhood-okay-but-can-someone-please

---

When you got pregnant with your son, it wasn't exactly planned. It had happened in a heated moment with your boyfriend, now husband, where Jason forgot to grab a condom before you guys went at it. A month later you felt ill and missed your period, lone behold you were pregnant.

There was a mixture of fear and excitement. Fearing that you weren't ready or that Jason would leave because he wasn't ready. Excitement because you always wanted to be a mom, and you always wanted Jason to be the one you had a child with. You knew he was the one by your three month anniversary.

But, your fears and doubts were for nothing. Jason was scared but supportive and excited that you were pregnant. You were more than financially capable to take care of a child, and if any emergencies were to arise Bruce was always prepared to help with his grandson. In fact [S/n] had been a main reason Jason and Bruce decided to put their differences aside for the sake of the boy.

As for Jason's nightlife as the Red Hood, he cut back a little, especially while [S/n] was still an infant. He knew you'd need the help and both needed to get as much sleep as possible. But as your son grew and started to become more independent Jason began to dawn his hood more. Though never completely to the extent as before.

He had a son and wife at home to worry about now. He couldn't be so reckless.

Though, that never stopped [S/n] from looking at Jason like he was the most heroic and amazing man in the world. Yes, all boys look up to their fathers but this was different. [S/n] knew who his father was and was more than proud to express how he thinks Red Hood is the 'most amazing superhero ever' and 'could beat every bad guy in a fight.'

He wanted nothing more than to be his father. No matter how badly Jason wanted to keep that life away from him.

It was something he more than often brought up to you.

"I don't know what to do [F/n]" He sighed, "I understand he looks up to me because I'm his dad but you know the things I did after I first came back, how I used to kill. I don't want him to grow up and learn about how his father was a killer." Jason said as he was cutting up tomatoes and peppers to put in the omelettes he was making.

You sighed and moved from your place at the counter where you had been beating eggs. "Babe, you have to stop thinking so much into this. He doesn't look up to you because you're Red Hood, he looks up to you because you're his father. For all he cares you could be the garbage man and he'd still think the world of you. Jase he loves you because you're there when he has a nightmare or falls and skins his knee. Not because you're out at night beating up bad guys. Yes, he may think that's amazing but it's not why he loves you."

Jason's expression softened as he let out a gentle breath. His hand reached out and pulled you closer by your hip. Your arms wrapped around his neck as you looked up into those blue eyes you loved so much. "He loves you for you babe, just like I do." He smiled and rubbed your hip. "Okay. I love you to baby." You smiled before pressing a chaste kiss to his lips and slipping out of his grip to return to your task.

"Speaking of Red Hood, did you make sure all of your gear was put away? So he doesn't get into it when he wakes up." You asked while cracking more eggs.

Jason nodded, "Yeah everything's in the safe." He said as he went back to cutting up the vegetables.

The kitchen filled with general chatter from that point forward. Just talking about what was on the agenda for the day and plans for the upcoming weekend. It felt like a normal morning, it was still a little early for [S/n] to be up so you also talked about some adult things: patrol, bills, paychecks, etc.

Though you both were drawn out of your conversation by the sound of a crash and a scream. "MOMMY! DADDY!!" Your son's voice filled the air and the both of you ran into the living room. "[S/n]!" You yelled as you ran into the living room. "Oh my god Jason!"

Your three year old son had somehow gotten a hold of Jason's grappling hook and shot it toward the ceiling where he was now stuck. He was crying and screaming. "Hold on [S/n], hold on buddy!" Jason yelled as he looked around and grabbed a chair from the dining room. He carried it over and climbed on it. "Hold on bud" Jason said as lifted his arms, "Okay [S/n] I'm gonna catch you okay? I need you to let go."

"No no no!" He cried and held on to it tighter. "Come on buddy I promise I'll catch you, on three okay?"

He sniffled and shook his head "No daddy no!"

"1" Jason started counting as you watched, hands covering your mouth. "2" He said and got ready to catch him. "3"

As he said '3' [S/n] let go of the handle and screamed as he fell, but Jason easily caught him and held him tight. You breathed a sigh of relief before rushing over to them as Jason stepped off the chair. [S/n] crying in his arms, but when he saw you he turned around and reached for you. "Mommy!"

Jason let you take him as you held and soothed him. "It's okay sweetheart, you're okay. Daddy got you down, you're okay."

Jason rubbed his back as you bounced him and soothed him. He didn't start to calm down for a couple minutes, but your and Jason's nerves still hadn't calmed in the slightest. You set him down and looked at him, "Don't ever do that again! You know not to touch daddy's things [S/n]!" You scolded, and looked at your son, the fear of losing him still rushing through your veins.

He sniffled and wiped his nose on his sleeve. You didn't notice until now but he had changed into a mask and cape Dick had given him for his third birthday. "I-I'm sorry mommy. I-I wanted-d to be l-like d-daddy."

Your expression softened and you looked up at Jason who immediately met your eyes. Jason subsequently kneeled down and turned your son to look at him. "Buddy I have a lot of training and have done this a lot so I know how to use it. You know not to touch my things because they're dangerous, what if you had gotten hurt? Do you know how sad mommy and I would be?"

[S/n] nodded and looked down, not wanting to look at Jason. "I'm sorry daddy."

Jason sighed and opened his arms, "C'mere little man." [S/n] was quick to get in his father's arms and hug him tight. "You just scared us buddy, we love you and want to keep you safe. Next time you want to look at my things you ask me okay? And we can look at them safely."

"Okay" he nodded before Jason pulled away and kissed his head. "Now give your mom a hug and kiss" Jason pointed to you and [S/n] was quick to run into your arms. Apologizing and holding you as tight as his little arms could. You pulled away and pushed his black locks of hair back before kissing his forehead. "I'm sorry I yelled at you sweetheart."

He just puckered his lips and you chuckled before giving your son a quick kiss. Jason smiled and ruffled your his hair.

"Okay" You stood up with a sigh. "You go get your hands washed while daddy finishes making breakfast, okay?" You patted his back to usher him to the bathroom. But despite what you said, both you and Jason followed him. Standing outside the bathroom door to watch him wash his hands.

You let out a shaky breath and Jason noticed. He took your hand and kissed the back of it, "It's okay, he's alright."

Nodding you squeezed his hand. "I know, I know. I was just scared he was gonna get hurt." Jason sighed and kissed your forehead, "I'm sorry, I must've forgotten my grappling hook."

Shaking your head, you wrapped your arms around his waist. "It's okay, it was late last night. You were tired so you missed it." Jason nodded and rubbed your back as your head rested against his chest though he laughed when he heard you mumble, "I just had to marry a superhero"