Chapter 19: Percy's POV

Once they got back to Long Island, everything was a blur. 

They were rushed instantly to Chiron, who has some words to say to them about running off for days and taking the elves with them, no less. 

At least Annabeth had the sense to shush him when he was about to blurt out that some of the elves were missing. Chiron would've had a fit. 

Chiron demanded that they went back to normal duties at Camp Half Blood, and Percy instantly made up an excuse, claiming that Sally was sick and they had to visit her. He seemed doubtful at first, but eventually gave in and let them go. 

"Good excuse back there." Annabeth had whispered once they walked out the door. 

If only she knew how true the excuse actually was. 

From there, they quickly headed right back to the spot that they had first found the crystal and ended up in the odd office setting. 

"Do you still have any of the crystals?" 

"Only the one that took us to London." Percy admitted, looking down at his feet, embarrassed. He pulled the crystal out of his pocket where he had kept it and handed it to Annabeth, who began studying it with vigor. He mentally rolled his eyes and let a smile spread across his face. She was so. . . Annabeth. 

"Great. . . do you think it takes us anywhere else?" Annabeth questioned, fiddling with it.

"I don't know." was Percy's answer, and the second the words were out of his mouth Annabeth had pressed on the Neverseen sign, and then Percy was grabbing her hand as the crystal swept them both up in a burst of light and- 

They were on the floor of the same Neverseen office.

He rubbed his arm, which hurt from the fall, looking around, expecting to see exactly what they left it - he didn't know how many days ago. 

Except it looked. . . somewhat different. The papers and books were still messed up, just like they had left it, but everything looked messed with again. Which was suspicious, because if the Neverseen had been in the room, they would surely have cleaned it up, right? 

Percy mentally applauded himself for coming up with that. 

Right next to Percy was a piece of folded paper. "What's this?" He murmured, reaching over to pick it up. 

"Wait, don't!" exclaimed Annabeth, but it was too late. Percy had already picked up the paper and opened it, careful not to crinkle any of the edges. 

Some of the words were scribbled out, even some complete sentences. 

The letter read, with extremely messy handwriting : 

Dear Gisela, 

Good news. We have ███ ████████ and the younger ██████ ███ in our grasp. 

The plan is simple. We must figure out ███ ██████████ ███████. The only way she'll give us anything is if we ████████ ███ █████████. And if she doesn't give in ███████ ██████ █████ ███ ███ ███ ██ ████ ████ ██ ███ ████████.

In fact, we have all of her friends. 

About the plan to recruit ███ █████ ███ █████. We are. . . working on him. There will be a way. 

On the topic of  ████ ███, we must do something about him. He is getting. . . in the way. ██████████ ███████ ██ ██ ███ ██████████ ███ ███████████ ██ ████ ███ ███.  And anyway, isn't that what the ██████ ███ is for? 

Nonetheless, please send us your response quickly. We have lots of things we must discuss. 

Signed, 

And then the bottom of the page was ripped off, which was quite frankly infuriating. 

Percy wondered when he got the words quite frankly infuriating in his vocabulary. Probably Annabeth.

Annabeth, who was reading over his chapter, shook her head. "I can't understand any of it." She said frustrated. "If only we had an Ancient Greek translator with us." 

Percy nodded and stuffed the paper into his pocket. "We'll figure that out later." 

"Come on, let's explore. Try to stay low and quiet." Annabeth said, grabbing two Neverseen cloaks off the racks on the wall. 

"Is this the best-" Percy began to say, but was cut off by Annabeth shoving the cloak in his arms. "Act like. . . Gethen, or whoever this cape belongs to." 

"Yep. Gethen. Totally. I'll just act. . . malicious and rude. You think Gethen acts like that?" He said, attempting to look grumpy and mean.

Annabeth looked at his face and let out a little giggle, which sounded like heaven to Percy's ears. He hadn't heard it in a while. "How about. . . not that face." She said with a smile. 

"Alright." He said, and pulled the straightest face possible. "Let's do this." 

hi y'all :) !!

this story was in desperate need of an update, so here it is !! 

my style of writing is so different now - but im gonna keep all the non - aesthetic titles and way of writing in this story the same so no one sees a dramatic change !! 

oohh, the letter sounds familiar, doesn't it? 

anyway, i need a new cover for this. . .does anyone have any recommendations for cover makers ? 

i am going to ask for a banner / page divider for this ! does anyone wanna do that or have any suggestions ? 

i am also gonna publish a new story ! keep a lookout for that ! and im gonna MAJORLY edit beautiful thing - it's in DESPERATE need of an update *cringes* and look out for another sophitz oneshot and a perfect/paper rings update ! 

update on paper rings, btw! there's a cover competition, for everyone who's interested, check out the book !! (u don't have to read it if it makes you feel better about the competition lol) 

alright, love you all <33 have a wonderful day !  🥳