Chapter 15: Sophie's POV

"never let it be said that to dream is a waste of one's time, for dreams are out realities in waiting. in dreams, we plant seeds of our future." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophie was dreaming.

The sky was a crystal blue, no clouds in sight. The sun was shining, and she saw Fitz, Biana, Dex, and Linh standing there, looking sweaty and exhausted. She took a closer look around . They stood in a meadow, a place Sophie didn't recognize. It was filled with artificial looking flowers and bright green fake grass. The dream was hazy, unclear, and she strained to look around the setting more. She felt like she was floating, not really there. Not really with the rest of them. She noticed, then, that a certain someone wasn't there. In fact, two certain someone's.

She didn't get to ponder over it much though, because she felt her dream self say something, causing everyone else's eyes to widen. She noticed Fitz's mouth open and she leaned forward, attempting to hear what he said,but before he uttered a word, the dream went black, and it felt like she was being thrown across the room.

She reopened her eyes, or she thought she did, because now she was in a room, a room that looked much like the room she was in then. She could almost feel the freezing temperature and the metal table she had been lying on. The fluorescent lights seemed so real, and she reached out to touch the table when the door of the room flew open and the dream once again went black, and she again felt like she was being flung backwards

She had gotten used to the routine by then and opened her eyes to reveal the new and awful scene in front of her. Next to her was Fitz, laying on the ground, his eyes closed, most likely knocked out. In front of her was Keefe, who seemed to be getting tortured right in front of her eyes. She tried to move, but couldn't. Her whole body seemed to be glued in place. She got a glimpse of the person doing it, but she couldn't make them out. They were too deeply hidden in the shadows. She expected her body to get flung backwards again, as she had made a discovery and most obviously she wouldn't get to see who it actually was.

But instead, she felt very realistic feeling hands grab her and shove her forward, and she felt herself hit the very hard, rough, realistic ground. She felt her tears streaming down her face as she saw the person push Fitz forward and watched as he slumped against the floor, looking very, very dead, causing her to scream, and scream and scream as she saw blood on the floor. Keefe, on the other hand, looked like he was feeling the opposite of pain, and she looked back at the person-and she felt herself get thrown back into the darkness and she felt like screaming. But of course, she couldn't. She was in the darkness, and she thought she was going to wake up.

Then, she felt herself get hauled onto someone's shoulder, still in the darkness. She heard faint conversation and wished she could open her eyes. The voices floated in and out, one sounding male and the other female.

"Don't, not yet."

"But she.............safety............moonlark...."

"I need...........for me..........this alone.........."

"Ok, I will..........and about the..............Annabeth, I love............ sorry about how........wasn't thinking...........mother is.............yeah, I just............"

"What is Sally?..............I need to........."

"She's.............I just never got to............worried she would................"

".......Percy I'm so..........I didn't know.............so bad........."

"It's..............I shouldn't have.....................I was just............"

Percy. Percy. Where had she heard that name before? Percy. She couldn't put a face or last name to it, and just as before, the second she made a discovery, the dream flung her back.

But instead of flinging her back into another dream, it flung her back into reality. She felt her eyes flutter open, and the familiar white lights, metal furniture and doctor table came back into sight. She saw Fitz in the corner, watching her with concerned eyes, looking absolutely exhausted and she wanted to run over, hug him, and ask him what was going on and what she should do and how they even got into this situation.

But she controlled herself, not like she even had the option, being attached to the doctors table. So instead of doing all that, she settled for the second best option. She opened her mouth, then heard voices outside.

Fitz clearly heard it too, but he looked like he could make some of it out, whilst she was too hazy, sleepy, and not really awake yet to make out anything. And she was worried whatever she heard would relate to her dream, and she was so not ready for that yet.

Instead she waited for the voices to quit, and once it finally became silent again, at least she thought, she said quietly,

"Fitz?"

so this chapter is kind of a filler? but this is really how it relates to the title in the first place so- it's worth it!

it was meant to be a short chapter.

it's clearly not a short chapter. 

nonetheless, i hope you enjoyed and don't forget to comment and vote <33 love you guys 

~naomi~