Chapter 12:Keefe's POV

Hi everyone! Here is the special surprise we've been waiting for, as my birthday is tomorrow! It's actually snowing right now, so I'm super excited, because I could have a snow day on my birthday!!! EEEEEEEEE!!!

So, as my birthday special, here is a chapter in Keefe's perspective, you Sokeefe shippers and general Keefe lovers! I thought this would be the perfect addition and allowed me to add some information about what's going on back at camp with Percy and Annabeth not there. Hope you enjoy!

Keefe's eyes were instantly open in alert, and he called out to Tam. "Tam!" He yelled. Tam, who was searching intently with his shadow vapor froze and turned. "Yes?" "Fitz and Sophie! They need help!" His voice came out weaker than he intended, but Bangs Boy didn't seem to notice. "Quick: You find Percy and Annabeth. I'll find Dex and Biana." His face scrunched up slightly at the mention of Dex and Biana's names, but Keefe brushed it off. There were more important things to be focusing on.

He tried to find the two demigods, but he couldn't remember their names. What were they, anyway? Pedro? Annaliese? No, that couldn't be it......

Instead, he tried to find the area they would be searching. He found nothing, and then tried to resort to name-calling. He racked his brain to try to remember what Tam had said their names were. "PEDRO!? Umm ...ANNALIESE?!" Ugh. He thought to himself. Look at Fitz and Sophie, having to suffer more than necessary because i can't remember two demigods stupid names. He searched the forest, scanning for any possible sign of human movement, along with shouting out more names that were vaguely similar to what he thought the names were. "PETER!? ANNABELLE?!"

Suddenly, he spotted a pop of color. It seemed to shimmer, and looked similar, but Keefe couldn't figure out what it was. He moved closer and held back a gasp. On the floor of the forest was a leaping crystal. It seemed like it had been dropped, and was scratched at the top. Keefe picked it up and slipped it into his pocket, careful not to hold it up to any of the light that was left to be seen in the forest.

He heard footsteps behind him and spun around. There stood the group, a mob of anxious faces staring at him like he was the answer, waiting to be revealed. Biana looked the worse, her face pale and her eyes frightened. "Is it true?!" She whisper-yelled, staring him down as if she were trying to read the answer from his expression. "Are Sophie and Fitz-" She choked on her words,"Are Sophie and Fitz really in danger?"

Keefe closed his eyes and pressed them closed, hoping for another message. Nothing came, and he opened his eyes to see everyone with a hopeful expression, wondering if he had received anything else. He spoke, his voice croaky and sore, "Fitz and Sophie are in danger. They-they need our help."

Biana let out a cry and collapsed on the floor. Dex and Tam were instantly by her side, soothing her, although their words didn't match their faces. Two demigods that Keefe didn't realize were there and didn't know stood by the door, somber looks on their faces.

Linh played with her hair, twisting it around her finger. "Anything else?! Anything? You know, locations, what we need, who, where, what, when, why-" Tam put his hand over his sister's, and her mouth snapped shut.

Keefe shook his head sorrowfully, his eyes closed once again. He listened hard, wishing at that moment he was a telepath and not an empath. He could reach out to Fitz for more information without Fitz having to waste as much energy.

The forest had grown dark since they had begun searching, the sun barely peeking out over the horizon. They were losing hope in doing or finding anything today. Keefe's mind flooded with worries. Will they die before we can get there? Is there something I missed? Is this my fault? Will I never get to see my best friend and Foster again? What will happen to them? Why can't we find a single trace of them?

One of the demigods suddenly spoke up. "Sorry if I'm interrupting, but-where's Percy and Annabeth?"

Keefe didn't lift his head, disappointed to be giving someone else bad news. "I couldn't find them. I don't know where they went." One of the demigods gasped and buried her face in the shoulder of the other.

Keefe then remembered-a small burst, a tiny drop, of possible hope. "I-I found this, though." Everyone looked at him, staring, as he pulled out the pathfinder. "It-it was in the clearing that Percy and Annabeth were in." He said hesitantly. Biana instantly ran towards it, following Dex and Tam, and then went the rest of the group. The demigods headed towards it slowly, as if scared. "What-is that?" The male one asked. "It's a leaping crystal. It's an elvin object that allows elves to transport to the place it was built to take them. A lot of elves have home crystals that take them home."

"Where does it go to?!" asked Linh, staring at the crystal. "I don't know! I just picked it up and found it." Keefe protested. "Wait, guys, look." Dex pointed at the crystal. "There's something engraved on it." Everyone looked at it, and Biana gasped. "The Neverseen symbol."

A chorus of anxious and scared voice began. "Did the Neverseen drop it?" "They kidnapped Sophie and Fitz!" "Did Percy and Annabeth accidentally use it?" "Where does it lead?"

"There's only one way to find out." Keefe said, staring at the crystal. This could be their lead. Their one, and only, lead to their friends.

"I'll go. I'm going to take Biana, Tam, and....." He scanned the crowd. "Dex." The crew nodded. Tam looked concerned, and looked back at Linh, who nodded her head to indicate she would be fine. The demigods, though, looked stricken. "We're going too!" The girl called. The boy nodded. "You can't." Keefe said, a pang of worry for the two demigods coursing through him. "You don't know how bad they can be."

The girl stepped forward, ready to protest, but the blonde-haired boy grabbed her hand, whispering in her ear. She hesitantly stepped back, but glared at Keefe.

"When are we going?" Dex asked, digging his hands into his pockets to see what he could bring.

"Now." Keefe said determinedly. "We don't have any time to spare."

"Chiron will wonder where you've gone." warned the girl. Her face showed no emotion, but Keefe picked up a strong wave of worry coming from her.

"Tell him we went on an important trip and we'll be back soon." Said Keefe, in too much of a hurry to think up of a proper excuse. "Ready?" He asked, turning to the other three. They nodded, and every one of them touched the crystal. Keefe held it up to the last sliver of light left, and with that, they disappeared.

The first thing they heard when they arrived was a loud scream.

Did you like it? How wonderful it feels to be on the other side of cliffhangers!! 😂😂😂

This chapter was actually really random and recommended by my sister, as some of you may know as Meow. Huge shout out to her and her now nonexistent account :)

One more quick note: this chapter was written kind of quickly as I am on a time crunch and don't want to let you guys down by not posting. So if you spot any mistakes, please let me know! When I have time I will come back and fix them.

Thank you all for reading and have an amazing day!!!!

-Naomi🌈