Chapter 18: Tam's POV

tammy boi !! 

Tam was shocked. 

Well, not really. He knew he was going to end up in a dangerous place and get captured and all that stuff. Because duh,  they were going to a Neverseen hideout. 

What he didn't realize was that he was going to get recruited for the Neverseen and asked whether he wanted to join them. 

And of course, there were serious consequences if (or in Tam's case, when) you said no. 

But it would be better to start at the beginning. 

The first thing they heard when they arrived was a loud scream.

It was more of a piercing shriek. But they had all heard it, and Tam was instantly on alert. He could tell the others were too. Keefe was busy memorizing the room by taking a swift glance around, Tam noticed. 

They didn't know where they were. Some Neverseen office area? But wherever they were, it wasn't a good place to be. Someone had obviously just been there, the way papers were thrown everywhere and all the desk drawers were open-

Wait. Papers thrown everywhere? Desk drawers open?

Didn't seem like a Neverseen thing to do, Tam remarked in his head. But he kept a careful note of that-someone needed something, and fast. Otherwise, why would they leave the room in such a mess?

Exactly. No other reason. 

He also noticed that Biana and Dex were gone. 

Which made him freak out.

Silently. 

In his head. 

Obviously. You expected him to have a full out freak out in front of Keefe? No way! 

But he still mentioned. "Biana and Dex are gone." 

And ugh. Biana was lost with Dex

This had to be the worst day ever. And had it only been a day?! 

No, it couldn't have been. He felt like he had been searching for hours and trying to stay out of danger for hours. 

Keefe's head snapped up. "Really?" He said, his eyes drifting away from a paper he was very intently staring at. "Where'd they go?"

Tam shrugged. "I don't know." 

He certainly seemed like he didn't care. Which was the impression he should be giving. Why should he care about the snobby obnoxious Vacker girl and the nerdy soft tech boy? 

. . . 

Oh screw it, maybe he cared about Dex a little bit. 

And maybe a lot about Biana. 

But it didn't matter. Why would she choose him if she had sweet, soft, adorable Dex?

Who would? 

But he pushed those thoughts aside. It didn't matter. Not now, not ever. 

Keefe gave him a glare. "Wow, Bangs Boy really is emotionless, huh?" 

Tam rolled his eyes and stayed silent. 

Keefe took action, like he usually did, pointing to an exit. "Come on, let's go. We have to go find Sophie." He paused. "Oh yeah, and Fitz." 

This time, it was Tam's turn to smirk. Keefe was so whipped for Sophie. He'd do practically anything for her, it was hilarious. 

Like you wouldn't do that for Biana, his mind whispered. 

He didn't listen to it. Because if you didn't want to embarrass yourself, you don't listen to the voice in your head. 

Ever. 

Tam nodded to Keefe's idea, mainly so Keefe would walk out of the room. He then picked up the paper that Keefe was so intently studying, and found it was an anonymous letter. Addressed to Lady Gisela. 

Tam barely got a glance at what the letter said though, because he heard a muffled yell and then Keefe being hauled back into the room. 

His subconscious had the nerve to say sarcastically, well that certainly was a fast capture. 

Tam considered telling it to shut up, but only crazy people talk to the voices in their head. 

Instead, he dropped the paper as the masked Neverseen member threw Keefe onto the ground. "Tam." They drawled, their voice deep and scratchy. "Just the elf we've been looking for." 

—————————————————————-

"You want me to join you?" 

Tam couldn't believe what he was hearing. 

"Yes, of course." Gethen said. It was Gethen who had found them- always trying to impress Gisela, Tam thought with a scowl. 

"And why would you ever think I would do something as stupid as that?" Tam snapped, glaring at Gethen, who remained surprisingly calm. 

"Oh, because maybe," Gethen said, moving closer, "Maybe you have to."

And with that, he grabbed a small device that looked like something humans used called remotes, and pressed a button. The wall to their left suddenly began to open, and there, behind bars, was Linh. 

No. 

"You-you-you little-!" Tam seethed, abruptly standing up, slamming his hands on the desk and leaning in close to Gethen. "You think you can go and capture my sister to force me to join you and your filthy crew?" 

Gethen's nasty grin seemed to spread wider and wider with every word. "Yes, Tam Song. Because I know your weaknesses-your sister." 

Tam met Linh's eyes. He knew what she wanted him to say-but was it the best decision? 

"So," Gethen continued, "If you join, we'll let your sister go, no problem." 

Tam narrowed his eyes. "I don't believe you." He stated, pulling his poker face. "You wouldn't actually release her, would you? Cause you and your disgusting little followers aren't known for keeping promises." 

Gethen barked out a laugh. "We aren't, but this is one we'll keep, Mr.Song." 

Tam tensed at the words "Mr.Song". "You may be someone I fricking hate, but I would really prefer Tam." 

Gethen smirked. "So what's our deal, Tam?" 

Tam didn't hesitate with his answer. 

"How about....no?"

i updated !! woohoo !! our little tammy boi is here ! how did u all like the chapter in tam's perspective? do u want me to do it again? and do u want one in any of the other's perspectives? ill have to do biana's and our cinnamon roll's eventually, don't i? 

so there are two new original stories i want to publish- Perfect and Mission Tyler, both somewhat based off of real events !! im leaning towards mission tyler rn, but what do un guys want ? more details can be shared over pm if u would like to decide while knowing the plots !! cuz it's gonna take a long time to type those out, time i don't have rn

ily guys sm <33 tysm for 1.3k !!