Ch. 19

"Did you even care about him? Love him?"

It's been a few days since going to the beach and that was still on my mind. Of course I loved him. He loved me when not even my own mate could.

"Momma" Ethan walks in my room and immediately gave me a hug. "Don't be sad. I don't like it when you're sad" smiling a kiss the top of his head and hug him tighter.

"I'll be okay baby"

"No you won't. You always say that but you're still sad!" He lashes out catching me completely off guard. "Fine you're right. But I'll be okay eventually."

"How about we stay in and have movie night just the two of us" smiling he nod his head. "You get the popcorn and I'll order pizza" agreeing to the arrangement he run out of the room to make the popcorn while I called the pizza place.

******
We was half-way into the first movie, Inside Out, when someone knocked on the door then opened it. It was Jordan holding the four boxes of pizza and wings that I ordered along with two bottles of soda and cups. "Can I join you?" Looking at Ethan who was already looking at me I just nod my head and wave him in the room.

Sitting on the bed we dive into the food and continued to watch the movie with Ethan in between us. Once inside out was over we switch to watching the Avengers, one of Ethan favorite movies.

"Dad can I ask you something?"

"Sure buddy what is it?" Jordan ask while taking a bite of his pizza

"Your the Alpha so you have to protect everyone in the pack right"

"Yea"

"So like how the avengers protect everyone you'll protect me right?"

"Of course I'll protect you. You're my son"

"What about mom? She's not part of the pack anymore. Will you protect her?" Looking at Jordan waiting for his answer he looks me right in the eye.

"I will protect your mother as well"

****
After three more movies Ethan fell asleep during Fantastic Mr. Fox. "Alright bed time. Go get ready for bed." I said waking him up.

"Night mom. Night dad" giving each of us a hug and a kiss on the cheek  he walk to his room. Cleaning up the mess we made I forgot Jordan was in the room until he spoke.

"I'm sorry" stopping what I was doing I turn to look at him. "What?"

"I'm sorry" he says again "I'm sorry for everything I did to you. I look back on it everyday and regret it. I'm sorry"

My blood was boiling. How dare he say that. After everything he's done now he's sorry and regret it. "Sorry doesn't cut it. You basically rejected me and went to be with Marisol yet for some reason you still wanted me like I was your side piece. You literally just used me to satisfy your wolf then tossed me aside like I was trash once you got what you wanted. Then when I finally, FINALLY try to move on you killed the only man I ever love besides you. I'll forgive you but best believe I will never forget what happened."

Laughing I shake my head "as if I can forget. It replays in my head all the time. You know what I do regret Jordan?"

"What do you regret Jayla?"

"I regret thinking that one day you would pick me over her. Regret wasting my time on you when I could've been with Isaiah. Most of all I regret loving you for so long that I'm glad I don't anymore"

****
It's been a week since the conversation I had with Jordan and he's been avoiding me ever since. I wish I could say the same about Marisol but she's been coming to me a lot about pregnancy advice. She was scared and always freaked out about the littlest things and I had to reassure her that everything is fine.

This time she was freaking out about what if the baby doesn't like her or what if the baby and Ethan don't get along. So I decided to take her and Ethan on a walk to get some fresh air and to calm her down.

"Thank you Jayla for everything"

"No problem" I said rubbing circles on her back as we walk down a path that's still visible to the pack house.

"Can I touch your belly?" Ethan ask shyly. Smiling Marisol grab Ethan hand and place it on her stomach. "Wooow. Oh my God it kicked. The baby kicked me!" He shouts excitedly

Laughing at his reaction I stopped and smelt the air. Rogues. "Run!" I yelled just in time for one to jump out of the forrest. I watch as Ethan run to the pack house screaming for help. Marisol tried to run but the rogue blocked her path. Quickly shifting I got in my fighting position and lunge at the rogue.