~9~

That morning you woke up on your stomach beside Daryl who was staring up at the ceiling obviously lost in thought. "Mornin'." You say sleepily rubbing your eyes. "Mornin' hows your head?" He asks looking down at you and you realize the dull headache in your head. You groan flopping your head back into the pillow as deep chuckle imitates from his chest and he sits up sliding out of bed.

You finally sit up and you find that he's already dressed. "What'd ya remember?" He asks you and you yawn, "From last night?" You ask and he nods with a worried look. "Not much..." You say standing up walking over to your pack. You glance over to him with a even more worried look before he looks down walking behind you towards the door, "oh except the part where we had sex then I said I loved you." You say as you pull out your other pair of cargo pants. You shake then out with a smirk and he looks up at you shaking his head at you with a playful unamused look.

He walks a to you hugging you from behind, "Don't scare me like that." He says quietly. You lean into his chest as he drops his head on your shoulder kissing it. "Don't know what'd I'd do if ya was serious." He admits and you turn around in his grasp with a smile. "I couldn't forget last night. It was the best night ever." You say and he smiles down at you cupping your face gently. "Your somthin' else." He says and you grin kissing his lips briefly. "I know." You say and he shakes his head at you with a small smile leaning down to kiss your lips again gently savoring it. "They're makin' breakfast. Ima go save us some alright?" He says after he pulls away and you nod watching him head out the doors.

You stand there with a small smile brushing your fingers over your lips gradually moving them down your neck where the dark marks of last night still stood out against your skin. The images replay in your minds making you blush lightly as you slide your cargo pants on and take off the shirt you'd borrowed. After folding it up and grabbing your black bra out of your bag along with the only black shirt you had left and putting them both on you walk over grabbing your dirty cloths from yesterday. You fold them placing them beside your pack and put the 'bite me' t-shirt in your bag for safe keeping till you need it again tonight to sleep in.

You brush your hair and teeth before taking a pair of socks out of the drawer you'd claimed the shirt from putting them on. Glancing at the clock you lace up your combat boots, 7:03. Huh, didn't think it was that early, you think as you stand walking out the door to the kitchen. Once you get in there you see T cooking up powdered eggs while the others dig into them. You walk over setting in between Rick and Glenn who had his head against the table groaning.

"You good Glenn?" You ask amused when T set you down a plate of scrambled eggs making him groan at the sight of them. He shakes his head, "Don't ever ever ever let me drink again." He mumbles as he sits back in his chair trying not to be sick. You giggle at him shaking your head as you ate your eggs silently catching glances of Daryl who just stares at you with a knowing look as he eats his own breakfast from the stairs.

You glance up at Dr. Jenner who came walking into the room just as you finished your plate and he asked for you all to follow him. Shrugging to yourself he walks you all into the large circular room lined with computers. He played a video of a person who had been bitten. It was they're brain as they experienced their last moments of life.

Test subject 19 was their code name in the system and you couldn't help but wonder who they were as the second event started the brain stem back up. It was strange to watch someone die from that prospective let alone change. You looked to Jenner and his face said it all. He had no idea what it was or what caused it let alone how to fix this mess. Your thinking was confirmed when he says it out loud and you look down shocked. There really was no way out of this, you think as he explains that the other labs he had been talking too stopped responding a while ago.