~5~

After a few hours the sun started to come up. It felt like years till the morning light started to flood in. Rick had helped you make it to the lawn chairs from the RV steps even though you insisted you were fine. That's where you sat, keeping Sophia and Carl beside you while the guys burned, buried, and stabbed everything dead through the head. Glenn and Daryl had started yelling at each other, that's what got you back up.

You walked towards them trying not to limp but failing, "Y'all had this comin'!" Daryl yells storming off and you watch him walk past you still angry, not looking at you. You sigh looking at Glenn, "Need help?" You ask him and he just shakes his head. "No thank you. You shouldn't even be on that leg (Y/n)." He says as he starts to drag one of our own to the pile needing to be buried.

You sigh feeling helpless aside from keeping an eye on the kids. You didn't mind, Lori was helping drive body's up to be burned or buried and Carol... well she was grieving Ed. He got his face eaten off, you'd admit you felt slightly bad about him but then again it ain't like he didn't have that coming. Especially after beating his wife and daughter for years. "A walker got him! A walker bit Jim!" Jacqui says in panic as she stumbles away from Jim who just mumbles that he's okay over an over. Your wide eyes look immediately over to where Jim now stood backing away slowly.

"Show it to us." Daryl says as you stand there while he walks protectively in front of you. He wasn't a monster like they acted but he picks up a shovel ready to defend himself. "Whoa whoa Jim!" You say to him as he turns to you pointing the shove at you. "Grab him!" Daryl suddenly yells and T-dog then grabs Jim from behind under his arms making him drop the shovel.

Daryl yanks his shirt up exposing the now festering red set of teeth marks on ribs. Dammit. You think as Daryl backs up from him standing in front of you again. He glances back at you then back to Jim with worry as he leans down slowly to pick up the pick axe that was in front of him. Jim keeps mumbling that he's okay still as everyone looks down and way form him not daring step closer to him.

"Okay Jim. Okay. Come here. Come sit down." You say from behind Daryl who turns to you about to protest but before he can grab you, your already walking to the back side of the RV. Jim looks at you fearfully and you nod, "Come on its okay." You say gently patting the crate behind the RV motioning for him to sit down. He nods slightly before walking over glancing at everyone who is now staring at you.

Everyone huddled around after Jim takes a seat beside you. You don't dare move from him, he's sick not a walker or some kind of rabid animal. You listen to everyone talking. Rick mentioned the CDC while Shane argues we should go to Fort Benning. You knew men and women who went to protect both and your commanding officer wanted you to go to the CDC before the radio quit.

Deep down you knew that it was a bad sign when the calls over the radio stopped on both sides. Secretly it made you all the more relived that you didn't go but stayed and escaped with you family. "Thank you (Y/n)." Jim says quietly snapping your attention from your bothers arguing and you just nod at him. "Don't mention it Jim. It's gonna be okay, alright?" You say to him and he only looks down nodding slightly not exactly believing you but appreciating your kindness.

Daryl looks over to you worriedly before turning back to the group saying something. "Do you you need to do." He says turning to you and Jim, "Somebody need to have some damn balls n take care of this problem!" He says lifting the pick axe towards Jim. "Hey hey!" Rick yells cocking his gun, you put your self in front of him making him pause as Rick puts his gun to Daryl's head. You glare at both of them as Shane steps in front of both you and Jim protectively.

"We don't kill the living." Rick say sternly his eyes cold only to turn to worry as he looks from Daryl to you. Daryl's eyes go from Jim to yours before you shake your head at him, he then looks back at your brother, "Thats funny. Comin' from a man who just put a gun to my head." He says to Rick slowly lowering the pick axe. "We may disagree on some things. Not this. You put it down. Go on." Shane adds and Daryl looks to you before slamming it down at your feet and walking away.