Standing By

Chapter 19- Standing By

P.J's P.O.V

I kicked the dead leaves around and watched them crunch under the wrath of my shoes. I saw the shadows of the full moon paint themselves to the cement. It was a nice night. There was a nice breeze in the air just light enough to not be cold, but not hot either. I should stop at Kat's flat, to make sure she got home safe.
I took a detour from my original route to head towards Summer Wood complex. As I walked, a cloud covered the moon making it dark and cold. I felt a shiver down my spine. Suddenly, between the sounds of the city and cicadas, I heard voices. Not just voices, they were deep, but still, I wasn't able to make out the words. And then I heard a scream. I ran at full speed trying to find where the scream came from.
"HELP!!!" I shriek came from the alley. I rushed over to see a, what it looked like, young woman in her 20's surrounded by four or five men, a gang maybe.
" Hey! Get off of her!" I said running over. Three of them turned there attention towards me, but only one walked forward. All I could see was silhouettes.
" Hey man, are you trying to interrupt us?"
" Let her go!" I yelled, trying to get past they man closest to me, but he pushed me away roughly.
"Hey!" - he pinned me against the brick wall. " Are you gonna answer my question, or are you gonna keep being a pain in the arse?"
" Me an arse? You-" He cut me off by quickly wrapping his huge hand around my throat making it hard to breath. " You want us to let her go? Fine. There's your dying wish." He made a gesture to his mates and they all got off of the young woman. She stumbled in an attempt to get up, and put one hand up against the apposing wall and made her way out of the alley, limping on her left leg. She looked over at me straight in the eyes as an attempt to say, Thank you, before disappearing around the corner. As he dropped his grip on my neck, I fell to the floor on my hands and knees, coughing. The rest of the members pocketed what they managed to steal from there previous victim and walked over to me. " Me and my friends here just want to teach you a lesson, to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again." They all stood in a circle around me, the moon shadowing there faces. Somehow, I managed to spit out one more sentence, not knowing what was going to happen next. "Your all a bunch of cowards, you know that?" I said it looking directly at my first attacker, seeing just a flash of hurt in his eyes, just for a second.
" Beat him so he'll never walk again." He gave the command, and they all followed obediently like the dogs they were. One of them lifted me up and punched me in the face repeatedly, making it almost impossible to see. The same one threw me back down to the ground only to allow the others to punch me all over for what seemed like hours. Finally, they finished off by kicking me repeatedly in the stomach until I vomited what left I had in me. And then just like that, they left.
There I was, curled up in my own vomit, clenching my stomach. I blacked out for not too long because when I woke up, I saw through my less swollen eye that I was still in the same alley left to die as I felt the cold brick to the back of my hand. Suddenly, I felt myself being picked up in someone's arms and put into there car. Are they going to beat me up too? It didn't really matter at this point, everything was numb. Again, I blacked out and woke up on the steps of someone's door. I knew I needed medical attention soon, who knows how bad my injuries are? I tried to get up, but fell back down almost immediately. I tried again, this time trying to support myself against the frame of the door. I hit the door with three rapid knocks and I saw Kat standing there with a look of horror on her face. Just now, it came to mind how horrific I must look. After using the remainder of my energy to try and get into a standing position, I fell too the floor again, instantly blacking out from un beleivable pain.

---

Wow, this chapter took a lot of thought. Now we know what happened to Pj! But what did Dan have to do with it? Two chapters in one day, you lucky ducks. Tell me what you thought in the comments!