The Perfect Date

Chapter 25- The Perfect Date

DAN'S P.O.V

" How's your ice cream, Grace?"

Since Grace just got out of the hospital, I figure I would take her around downtown London. Seeing as her birthday was in few days, I decided this would be like an early birthday gift. Of course I can't wait to give her her real gift when December 5th came around.

I looked over to see her licking her ice cream in the cutest way possible. She took her time savouring every last bit of it. I I decided not to get any ice cream because, as you very well know, I'm watching my figure.

I guess I was staring a bit too long because she looked over at me with her warm brown eyes.

"What?" she said, in her cute Peterburough accent. Her reddish-brown hair flipped.

I laughed, looking up a the night sky. Then I looked back at her and smirked.

" You have some ice cream on your nose." I said, still smiling.

" Really? " Grace scrunched up her nose and rubbed it. " Did I get it?" She looked at me hopefully.

" Yea babe, to got it. " I laughed again.

"Then what's so funny?" She pouted. I stopped and looked a her. After a moment, I spoke up, completely certain of what Is a about to say.

"Your perfect." I said plainly.

" No I'm not I-"

" Denying it doesn't make it any less true. You are undoubtedly perfect. " She looks down shyly, but I continued.

" Your beautiful, funny, smart, kind, amazing, and love you."

Then I realized that's the first time I've said, " I love you " to her. Of course it had always been true since I sat next to her in the hospital, but I had never said it out loud. It was just so true, that I didn't even hesitate to say it.

" I love you too." Grace whispered with her eyes closed. The moonlight was the only light to which her face was lit with gentle glow. I grabbed her and swung her around and she laughed.

" I love yooouuuuu!!!" I yelled as I continued to spin her. I wanted the world to know. I put Grace down.

I looked around quickly to make sure we were headed in the right direction and then grabbed her hand and ran.

" Dan, where are we going?" She laughed.

" Its a surprise! Come on!"

We ran and ran, ice cream long melted, but the picnic basket I had been holding the whole time was remained untouched.

When we finally made it to a dense area of trees.

Flashback:

(Excerpt from sub-plot story, Stay With me)

December 5th, 2005

"Happy Birthday." He pulled a teddy bear out from under his shirt and handed it to me with both hands. I took it and pulled him in for a much needed hug. I stood there for an extra few seconds, warming him up.
"Come on, I want to show you something." Dan said, taking my hand. I excitedly closed the door and ran with him. We ran in the rain. The rain soaked through my clothes, but I didn't care. I was with Dan, that's all that mattered. After another minute or two, we came to a wooded area densely filled with trees. I hesitated a bit.

"It's okay, I've got you." Dan said, squeezing my hand reassuringly. With that, we both slipped through the trees.
We kept sliding through the trees until we came to an empty spot that looked like it had been cleared out by hand. The forest seemed to open up for us.