The Proposal

Chapter 27- The Proposal

Pj's P.O.V-

I walked up my apartment steps slowly as not to make the wood creak as it usually does. I wanted to take Kat by complete surprise. Even though I'd been out at the shops all day, the adrenaline was rushing through me now making my heart race. I had known Kat around 6 months, but I felt like I had known her so much longer. I knocked on the door. It felt strange to knock on my own apartment door, but the circumstances were right. Carrie opened the door and stepped back. My heart stopped when I saw her. She was so beautiful. The dress didn't wear Kat, she wore the dress. Her face looked nervous but excited, which mirrored mine. I couldn't even say anything.
"Well?" Carrie said, referencing to Kats appearance.
"You look...stunning." There wasn't even a word to sum up what I felt. My spine tingled. Kat giggled and it made me feel warm.
" So do you." Kat said and she began to walk towards me and me her. I was wearing a nice suit that I had saved up and bought for this very occasion.
"Why thank you." Our faces were close now, I leaned down and kissed her. I held back because Carrie was still her so it was just a quick kiss. I looked at Kat for another moment, her and that familiar smile. I looked at Carrie.
"Well, Carrie, thank you for sticking with Kat all day, I appreciate it." I looked back at Kat and smiled. " We are going to head out, but we will talk to you later?"
"Yea, for sure! You two have fun!" Carrie said.
"We will! For sure. Are you gonna stay here for a while or what are you doing tonight?" Kat said.
" Actually, I have a date. With Alex." Carrie said as she began to blush after saying his name.
" Oooo, well I guess we'll see both of you later then!" I said, happy that both of them had finally decided to go on a date with each other.
"Well you two have fun as well!" Kat said, as we all began to walk towards the door.
"I'm sure we will. Well, tomorrow then!"
Carrie saw us out the door and Kat and I walked down the steps.
---
We pulled into the parking lot of a nearby beach. It was a public beach, but still wasn't very well known. Although it wasn't well known, I remember it having the most beautiful sunsets. We hopped out of the car and stretched. We had been driving for quite some time to get to this beach with the soft sands; it was rare. I got the supplies out of the boot of the car.
"This is beautiful. How did you find this place?" Kat looked in amazement out into the ocean.
"It's an old Liguori secret." I said, a bit of storyteller in my voice.
Kat laughed.
" So what are we doing here then, Mr. Liguori?" Kat took off her sandals and wakes over to the warm sand to feel it between her feet.
"Now that is the surprise." I said closing the boot, blanket and picnic basket both balanced under one arm. I looked to Kat as she was silhouetted by the sun. Her sundress was flowing.
"What?" She said, half laughing. I walked over to her and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear that had been misplaced by the wind. Her imperfections made her all the more perfect.
"You are beautiful."
--
We walked down to the beach. I made the decision to also take off my shoes as sand was already beginning to find its way through my socks. I turned to Kat.
"What do you think? Is here good?"
"Anywhere with you is already perfect." I looked down and laughed the same way I did when we first met. I flattened the sand and laid down the blanket. Now was when I would reveal my days work. I opened up the picnic basket to find two plates of mini sandwiches that, by the looks of them, could only if been made by me and Dan. "So here we have some of the finest mini sandwiches around..." I made up a plate for Kat.
"And of course, wine." I poured her a shallow glass and afterwards, one for myself.
One we finished eating, I knew it was time. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster. I put our plates to the side, and even though we were sitting, I felt the need to get on one knee. Kat looked stunned but excited. I pulled the ring out of my coat pocket and opened it. I looked to Kat and began.
"The day we first saw each other, our eyes met and I knew. As I looked into your eyes, I saw someone who was kind, smart, beautiful, I could go on forever but the list is so long. You are undoubtably the woman for me, and I know it's early, but I think you feel the same way. Through everything, you've always been there. You are the person I want to get to know for the rest of my life. So, Kathryne Rose Savannah, would you do me the honour of being my wife and make me the happiest man in all the tiny planets?" I held my breath.
"I love you so much Pj, yes yes!" Kat exclaimed. The corner of her eyes were tear filled, but of happiness. Mine too. This time, I kissed her for real. We lulled back and I took the ring out and put it on her finger. It fit perfectly.
"This was my grandmothers ring, and now it's yours. You and me."
"Oh, Pj, it's beautiful. Thank you, I love you so much." We hugged and then kissed again.
" Kat Liguori. How does that sound?" I said, with the widest smile.
"Perfect."

---

Ahhh so that's the end guys! How did you like it?? Again, really sorry this took so long to write, what can I say, I'm a natural procrastinator. It comes from within. If one of you wants to write another chapter, I'll be happy to put it in! I can't believe I'm done with this story. I've been writing it for about 3 or 4 years now? Wow. And I can't believe that my story is at 25K views right now, that's unbelievable. Thank YOU guys so much for the continuous support and your really the only reason I continued writing. Thank you so much, and hopefully, I'll see you in another story. Kat, out.

ONE last time, check out my YouTube channel! My most recent video was about Pjs new merch! Don't forget to Subscribe!
Thanks!
~~~~ Katinthebox ~~~~
----> LINK IN BIO