Chapter Seventy-Seven: Everyone Has a Story to Tell

Start from the beginning

"FINE! Pan and Greta thought it'd be a good idea to get my grades up. It worked!" She grins, and I smile, happy for her.

"That's amazing, Myrtle." I beam, shoving the letter into my duffle bag and placing my Potions book inside as well.

"What class do you have now?" I ask, stealing a baby carrot from her large bag.

"I have Potions." She sticks out her tongue, and I giggle, munching on the carrot.

"Ha. I have Herbology." I tease her, and she glares at me. "How's Olive been?" I ask her quietly.

She goes silent.

"Myrtle?" I ask.

She gives me a small smile. "Fine. Everything is fine, Val. Don't worry." She taps my shoulder, and the vision hits me full on.

Myrtle stood in her dorm, looking for Greta and Pan. She was humming happily to herself. She seemed much happier here than in my last vision.

"Ugh. Could you be any more pathetic." I recognize Olive's voice, and I see her when my perspective changes and I'm staring straight into her narrowed aqua eyes. "Just because you have a couple of friends doesn't mean you're invincible now. Ollivander and Lovegood can't protect you forever. Dumbledore must already be getting tired with you." Olive scoffs, causing my heart to clench at Myrtle's expression.

"What did I ever do to you to deserve your anger?" Myrtle demands, fists clenched to her side.

"You decided to exist." She snarls.

"That makes no sense, though." Myrtle snaps, the ounce of confidence having us as friends gave her. "You called me fat. You called me ugly. You made me feel like I was worthless!"

"You are worthless! You think those so-called friends you have actually like you!?? They have god-complexes! They can barely stand to look at you!! Everyone knows it! Everyone can see it!" She scoffs, sneering at her.

"Stop! STOP!! " Myrtle screams, eyes glistening and teeth clenching. Her next words come so fast and so angry.

"Stop saying THAT! People shouldn't make fun of other people! What did I ever do to you!?"

"You're annoying. You annoy me. You aren't some perfect princess...You're an ugly troll! Your face has so many pimples on it, it looks like a pizza. You're a beast, just looking at you makes me want to vomit." She hisses, eyes showing her malice.

"I know you like Ollivander more than you should." She smirks. "You think she'll ever like you?!" Olive smirks.

I didn't want to watch it anymore. This was painful to watch. "Her? One of the golden girls? One of the populars? She is everything you wish you could be!!!!" She snaps.

Myrtle shakes her head. "Shut up." She whispers.

"You're a disappointment!"

"SHUT UP!!" Myrtle screams.

Her scream is what pulled me out. "Val?" Myrtle asks, kind as always. "Are you alright?" She asks. My hands were shaking, and my lips quivering.

"Y-Yeah." I nod frantically and whirl around, hair swishing with my movement. "I forgot one of my books in my common room. I'll see you at lunch." I wave to her quickly, but the smile remains on her face regardless of the confused expression on her face.

I run, my robes flying behind me. I almost slam into Hagrid on my way to the Hufflepuff dorms.

"Whoa. Yer alright, Valentine?" He asks me. The Slytherin robes he was wearing makes me let out a hysteric laugh.