Thirty-Two

"Okay, time to spend all our money!" Ava cheers as Maria and I followed her into the store.

"So are we doing a trio costume thing or we're each doing our separate thing?" Maria asks.

Somehow Ava convinced Maria and me to attend a Halloween party, instead of her and I do what we do every Halloween.

When Ava discovered that we never truly celebrated the holiday since we were little kids. She was shocked and brought us here. Now that I think about it Ava didn't really convince us, she's making us attend the Halloween party.

"Pick whatever costume you want," Ava answers while she starts looking around. "Chloe, are you still avoiding Liam?" She asks me as she looks through the costumes.

She has been asking me that question since the night he brought me back to my dorm. I had tears in my eyes and slammed the door in his face before he could follow me in.

"Chlo!" He yells from behind me. I continue speed walking towards mine and Ava's dorm. "Chlo, I know you're upset but you have to talk to me." I fiddle through my bag, trying to find my keys. As soon as I found my keys, I unlocked my door and hurried inside to slam the door shut. I hear Liam bang his fist against the door as I lean against it.

I wipe my face with the sleeves of my sweater. When I look up Ava is staring at me, "What the heck happened?" She asks me while rushing towards me to gulf me in a hug.

I burst as her arms wrapped around me tightly, "You were right," Was all that I could say.

The next day Maria came over, that's how Ava and her met. She brought over lots of junk food and crappy movies to watch. I told them everything that happened and explained why I was going to avoid Conor along with Liam.

The whole thing was too much for me, I was hurt and humiliated. Ava tried to warn me about Conor in the beginning but I didn't believe her. I should have known that something wasn't right. He was hardly around, he barely acknowledged me.

In the beginning, Conor acted like he cared for me, he randomly changed and didn't show affection towards me. I don't remember when he stopped but I feel it began the night he took me to meet his family.

When Liam said that Conor was messing around with other girls behind my back. My mind flashed back to the college party where I thought I saw Conor making out with a girl. When the words left Liam's lips it clicked that it was Conor, I wasn't seeing things.

I was angry that Liam knew what was going on and kept it from me. If Liam cares about me, why didn't he tell me sooner? Why did he wait so long? Most importantly why did he have to do it that way? I'm still upset about it.

"Yeah, I'm still not talking to him," I answered Ava's question. I look around the store, trying to figure out what I want to be. Nothing sticks out, no idea comes to mind.

"Guys," Maria says to get our attention. I look over at her to see that she is holding a costume out to show us. "What do you guys think?"

It was a very revealing devil costume. Ava eyes the costume and eyes Maria, she smirks while biting her lip, "Defiantly get it, it'll look so good on you." Ava walks around her and grabs a few items. "This will finish the look," She adds as she hands Maria a pair of red knee-high boots and what looks like fishnet tights.

I wander off in the opposite direction away from them, to continue trying to find a costume that suits me. I am happy that I came back instead of staying for the whole week. I didn't have to skip a week of schooling. It also gave me time to work on my essay that's due next month in Mr.Fuchs' class.

I stopped looking through the rack of costumes when a white and red nurse dress caught my eyes. It has a puffy skirt bottom that I really love about, I smile softly as I admire it. The costume is not really revealing but it's still I guess what Ava would consider 'hot'.

I lifted the costume off the clothing rack, held it against me and swayed around watching the skirt flow. "Get it," I jumped from the sound of Ava's voice. I turn to see her staring at me along with Maria by her side. Both of them were smiling at me.

Maria holding her costume items in her arms, Ava's arms still empty. "I don't know," I tell her as I return my eyes back to the nurse costume.

"Boo Bear, you obviously really like it," Maria points out.

I rubbed the fabric between my fingers, trying to picture myself wearing it but no image comes to mind. I never wore anything like this, the closest thing I ever wore that was sorta revealing was the outfit Ava had me wear at the bonfire.

"These will finish the look," Ava tells me while handing me white fishnet tights and high heels. She grabs my hand and starts guiding me to the front desk."I'll buy the costume for you."

"No, I got it," I tell her as I lay the items on the counter.

"Are you sure?" She questions.

"Yes. I make my own money now, remember?" Ava nods her head and turns her attention to Maria.

"Keep an eye on her, make sure she buys them and that she doesn't try to return them."

"Roger that," Maria nods her head while Ava walks away. I'm guessing she's finally going to look for a costume.

When I finally got my emotions somewhat under control after returning early from the trip; I finally applied to work at the small little daycare center I saw on the way to the diner Conor took me.

It took me about two months to do so, but I did it and luckily the lady who runs the place hired me. I've been working there for almost three weeks, I really love working there. The kids are so sweet and always light up my day.

"Here you go, hope you have a nice day," The lady tells me as she hands me my bags.

"Thank you," I smile softly as I take the bag from her and walk to the front of the store.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket, signaling that someone has texted me. I pulled it out thinking it was Ava or Maria wondering where I went.

Liam: Chlo, it's been three weeks. Talk to me.

"Liam again?" Maria asks me as she walks up to me.

"Yup," I lock my phone and slide it back into my pocket.

"And you're not going to respond," She states the obvious.

"Nope."

"Chloe, you have to talk to him. He didn't do anything wrong."

"He knew Conor was playing me, the whole time I was with him and he didn't tell me."

She let out a breath before responding, "I know but you need to hear his side of the story. He probably has a good reason why he didn't tell you."

"Are you guys ready?" Ava asks us, the breath I was holding escapes my lips. I was thankful she showed up to end this conversation.

"Yeah," I answered for myself and Maria.

Ava nods her head and leaves the store, I follow behind her.

"You know I'm right," Was all Maria said as she followed us out.

I know I should hear Liam's side but I feel like there is no reason, not to tell someone if they're being cheated on.