Twenty-Two

"Liam, are you ever going to tell me why we're here?" I asked him as we continued roaming around. It's 8 pm, we were roaming around Target for like 15 or 20 minutes. We're walking up and down random aisles, each one we go down Liam constantly looks around each bottom shelves that had giant boxes stacked on them. "And will you ever give me a reason why you keep searching around the bottom shelves on each aisle?"

He ignores me and continues walking down the aisle, right to the next one. Once he examines the bottom shelf; he pulls out his phone to check it, right before putting it back into his pocket. "Come on, we should go get something to eat." He states while he begins walking towards the front of the store to leave.

"Oookay," I say to myself as I follow behind him, extremely confused about what the heck is going on. "Is there a reason you keep dodging my questions?" I ask when I catch up to him when we start walking through the parking lot to his Mustang.

I groan as Liam unlocks the vehicle and gets in the driver's seat. I make my way over to the passenger side to get in, while I grumble to myself. I hear Liam chuckle beside me, while he turns the volume up on the song playing through the speaker. I keep my attention on the outdoors, annoyed and confused as to why he won't tell me what we're doing out here. He made me change, drove us I think a few hours away from our hometown but won't explain his reason behind all this.

While I watch the scenery change as we drive away from Target, while I listen to the unknown band. I actually like the song that's playing. "What's this song called?" I asked Liam while keeping my eyes glued to the window.

"You never heard this song before?" Liam responds in a shocked voice.

"No, that's why I asked what's the name of the song."

"It's called With Me by Sum 41." He tells me. "I can't believe you never heard this song before."

"I barely listen to rock music." I quietly say but loud enough for him to hear me.

"You know The Fray is a rock band." I knew he was referring to me listening to them in my room earlier. How did he know I was listening to them? He didn't show up until Carrie Underwood was playing. "I heard you listening to them when I was coming to check on you, your mom told me to wait before I did." He adds.

"I listen to them because they were one of my dad's favorite bands," I told him. Liam didn't say anything after that. He knew my dad a sensitive topic for me right now.

He reaches over to the knob that controls the volume, turn it up a little as the next song begins to play. I watch him turn down a different road to pull into Waffle House parking lot. "Is this place, okay?" Liam asks me when he parks his car.

I nod my head while I unbuckle my seatbelt. Not bothering to wait for Liam to open my door for me. I step out of the vehicle, make my way onto the sidewalk, to start walking towards the entrance. I'm lost in my head, I can't stop thinking about my dad and trying to figure out what Liam plan is. Which is driving me crazy.

Liam is a huge mystery to me. Every time we're around each other, he gives me another reason to question him. The only thing I learned about him is that he's from my hometown.

"Chlo!" Liam's husky voice shouts behind me. I stopped in my tracks to let him catch up. "Are you okay?" He asks me when I turn to face him.

"I'm just peachy. I got kidnapped and have no clue what's going on because you won't tell me. So yeah, I'm peachy." I say in a sweet sarcastic tone with a smile on my face, before turning back around to enter the building.

Liam follows behind me, chuckling at my response. "You'll find out soon, Sunshine." He tells me. Sunshine? That's a new one. I roll my eyes and take a seat at the first open booth I spot.

I picked up the menu that was laying on the table and start scanning through the food choices. Liam sits across from me, with a smirk on his face. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask him while keeping my eyes on the menu.

"You're something else, Chlo."

I look up at him with confusion all over my face. "What are you talking about?" I ask him while resting my elbow on the table to rest my head on my hand.

Liam leans onto the table, keeping his blue eyes locked onto my hazel eyes. He shakes his head before lowering it to scan the menu laying in front of him. "I don't know how to explain it, Chlo." My eyes stayed on him, watching him fiddle with his lip ring.

He opens his mouth but soon shuts it when the waitress shows up. "Hello, my name is Cindy. What can I get you guys?" The lady asks us with a sweet smile.

"Um, yeah." Liam pauses, "I'll like the texas cheesesteak melt, with chili on the hashbrowns and a coke to drink." Liam tells her.

She nods her head and scribbles what he said on her notepad. She averts her attention to me, waiting for my order. "I'll have the same thing as him." "I say softly.

"Okay, I'll bring them out to you guys soon as their ready." She tells us before walking away.

My eyes go back to Liam, waiting to see if he'll continue what he was saying before we got interrupted. I watch him place the menu behind the condiments rack. "Liam," I begin to say. "What were you going to say before we got interrupted?" I ask him.

Cindy comes back over and places our drinks in front of us. Liam takes a sip of his coke before opening his mouth to speak, "We can talk about it later."

"Liam-"

"We should hurry and eat, so the real fun can begin." He cuts me off to tell me.

The waitress comes back with our food, right after Liam got done talking. "Let me know if you need anything else." She said with a smile as she walks away.

"Okay," I say softly, watching Liam dig into his meal. 'Why does he have to be so mysterious?' I ask myself in my head while I begin to eat my meal as well.