Twenty-Eight

This place is so beautiful, they have an amazing view of the lake from their back porch. After breakfast, I stayed back in the kitchen to help Kindra clean up, while Ronald went to his office and Selena kidnapped Liam.

    Kindra showed me around the house, along with telling me funny stories about the boys and adorable stories about Selena. She also told me that it's a tradition for the family to go somewhere for a week this time a year to celebrate Ronald's birthday.

    They celebrate his birthday for a week because of how hard he works and everything he went through.

    The house tour ended at the back porch, which is where I'm at now. Sitting on the white wooden porch swing, with my journal on my lap. Admiring the gorgeous view, the sun reflecting off the lake along with the trees. The lake had a boat dock that has a big beautiful white and blue boat next to it.

    They also have a little playground that Liam and Selena were playing on. Liam pushing Selena on the swing set, she was laughing as her pigtails were moving through the wind.

    Conor never returned to the kitchen, which made it obvious he didn't go to the restroom. I just don't understand why he would disappear like that. He asked if I was coming and he beg for me to cancel my plans with my mother to come. So why would he act this way? Like he doesn't want me here.

    I turned my attention back to the journal on my lap and continued what I was writing.

A Black Rose is always trapped in a dark world of loneliness

Craving to be happy, Craving to feel loved

A Black Rose always wonder what's that feeling like

What's it's like to be picked by someone

To feel that joy of happiness, when someone constantly admires you

Feeds into you with their love

A Black Rose just wants to know, how it would feel to be a Red Rose

That special Red Rose everyone picks to show how much they care for someone

To show their love to the one they love spending time with

The Black Rose just wants that special moment because it's tired of feeling unwanted

It's tired of the pain

    "Chloe," I hear a familiar long lost voice say followed by a door shutting. I closed my journal, raised my head to look up at the boy. Keeping my mouth shut,  only letting a small smile appear on my face. "Can I sit?" Conor gestures towards the porch swing.

    I removed my feet off the swing, adjusted myself to give him room to sit. My eyes move to my lap, watching my hands fiddle with my pink pen. I felt the swing move queuing that Conor has sat down beside me.

    "Chloe," Conor says trying to get my attention. I hum in response letting him know I was listening. "I'm sorry," He lets out, I finally looked over at him just to see him staring at his feet. "The way I acted in the kitchen was wrong and disrespectful." He continued to say.

    Conor raised his head and looked over at me. "I should have shown you how happy I am to see you but instead I stormed out of the room."

    "W-why d-did you st-storm out?" I nervously asked him, afraid of what he'll say.

    I watch Conor carefully, waiting patiently for his answer. His eyes were on me but they direct their attention towards the lake. "Because-" He stops himself, runs his hand through his hair. "I stormed out because I was mad that Liam was the one who brought you here."

    "I don't understand, why are you upset about him bringing me here?"

    He turns to face me, "I don't like him, Chloe. Liam and I hate each other. I wanted to bring you here but you told me that you weren't able to come. You made it clear that you were staying with your mother this weekend. All a sudden you're able to come and Liam the one to bring you here. I thought you were going to stay away from him?"

    The last few words made think about the first day we hang out at the diner. I barely knew Liam back than, I thought he was a dangerous guy to be around. So I told Conor I wasn't going to have anything to do with Liam. I looked over at Liam, smiling softly at the scene in front of me. He was holding Selena, helping her climb the monkey bars.

    "Conor, I said that before I even got to know the guy. I assumed he was a horrible person to befriend but I was wrong to judge him by his covered. Liam is actually a nice and decent man. He was even the one to persuade me to cut my trip with my mother short and drive up here to surprise you." I told Conor while looking at him.

    He gives me a strange unreadable look before looking over at Liam and back towards me again. "Liam's idea?"

    "Yes, we stayed at my mother's on Saturday and came here last night." For some reason, part of me felt like I shouldn't have said that.

    "Wait." He holds his hand up. "You let Liam go down towards your mom's but not me?" This time I stayed quiet, I knew no matter what comes out of my mouth would cause more damage.

    I lower my eyes back to my journal, felt the need to let tears fall down my cheeks but I hold that urge back until I was alone. "I don't want you to hang around him," Conor said in a stern tone.

    "What? Liam my friend," I shot my head up with my eyes wide.

    "I don't care, Chloe. I don't want you hanging out with him. You're so naive that you can't see the fact he's trouble."

    I didn't know what to say, no words came to my mind that could change Conor's. Part of me knew he was wrong, I knew Liam wasn't a horrible guy. I got off the swing and make my way towards the back doors. "Where are you going?" Conor asks me.

    Keeping my eyes on the glass doors because I knew if I looked back at him I'll break. "I need to be alone for a little while," Was all I said before walking inside.