wyatt | f.e.s

"Where's Amber?" Wyatt asked me as we walked towards the parking lot, me looking down at my shoes I slowly looked up at him.

"Date with Jackson." I said before looking forward, folding my hands behind my back for whatever reason.

"She didn't even think to take you home first?" he asked, I shrugged and shook my head. "That's fucked up she should be a better host than that."

"Don't be so..." I trailed off looking for the proper string of words in english, sighing when I couldn't really get it out. "Hard on her?" I looked over to Wyatt again "Was that right?"

"Yes." He smiled. "That was right."

I smiled softly before looking back to the space in front of me "This is her first time leaving me here anyway." I said tucking some hair behind my ear.

"There shouldn't be a first time." He said. "Now I have to take you home."

I stopped walking "You do not have to." I said. "I can walk."

"No that's not what I meant." He stopped himself and shook his head. "I don't mind giving you a ride, I actually prefer it..I just wish she'd be better at communicating."

"She's my host sister, not my mother." I pointed out.

Wyatt shrugged "True." he looked over to me "But that doesn't make it any better. You've only been in America for like, what two months?"

"Two months." I nodded with a smile.

"See I remember these things." He smiled as he played with his keys. "I remember all the stuff you tell me."

I blushed, I don't really know why but I did, and I didn't hate it. We made it to his car and we got in, he turned on the car immediately so the AC would blast on. I felt my muscles crying from relief as I eased into the seat, a satisfied sigh leaving my lips. Slowly I buckled up and came back to reality.

"I'm gonna to fight her." He said shaking his head after watching me. "She left you out in this heat, for who knows how long."

"I'm not a child Wyatt, I'm almost seventeen years old." I reminded giving him a patient look.

"I know." He said. "And while your english is getting really good you still don't speak enough to where I feel confident for you to be on your own."

I furrowed my eyebrows, the way those words came together made it sound like he cared more than I thought. And Maybe he did. "When you said I'm gonna fight her did you mean real fight, of the play fighting that you told me about?" I asked, putting my phone down.

"Both probably." He said with a chuckle, making me believe it was okay to do so too.

Wyatt turned up the radio slightly so the song could be heard better and I smiled. "I like this song." I said pointing at the radio. "It's nice."

"Yeah it's a pretty good song." He responded. "Where'd you hear first?"

I crossed my legs "Back home, before I knew a lot of english. But I still sang it, and danced to it."

Wyatt smiled "Really?"

"Mmhh." I nodded. "I never could say the name right. Something like Cl- Cla-"

"Clairo?" He chuckled at my struggling to say it.

"Yes! Clairo." I said saying right for the first time ever. "I like her voice."

"Yeah it's quite nice." He responded with a smile still on his face.

"She's very pretty." I added again.