Jaeden | stuttering love bug

Jaeden and I held hands as we sat in the car, his left hand on the steering wheel driving as if he was an expert, which he truly thought he was.

The hum of the radio was enough to fill the cars silence. The silence between Jaeden and I wasn't awkward or uncomfortable however, it was comforting if I'm honest. The music just gave it a mood, more of a mood than we already were feeling.

Jaeden rubbed my hand as he pulled into the parking lot. When he parked we got out of the car and he locked it up before grabbing my hand.

"If the tigers are asleep I'm gonna throw a fit."

Jaeden laughed "Please don't cause a scene, that's the children's job."

I rolled my eyes playfully "Well, today I'm a kid."

Jaeden smiled "If that's the case you gotta get the entire child experience, so you'll have to get lost."

I smacked his arm "Strike one Jaeden!"

Jaeden laughed "I'm kidding baby."
We kept walking until we reached the gates, Jaeden pays for us and we got in. "Where to?"

I stood on my tip toes to see the sign over the many people looking at the many arrow signs covered in big white writing.

"Can we go see the monkeys?" I asked looking up at him.

"Sure." He smiled. We walked over to the monkey exhibit and I laughed when a thought came into my head. "What?" Jaeden asked smiling.

"The spider monkeys remind me of you." I chuckled. "They're skinny and lanky."

Jaeden let go of my hand and started to walk away, I started laughing but stopped when I noticed he wasn't coming back. I ran up to him and jumped on his back.

"Baby I was just kidding!" I slid off his back and stood in front of him. "I didn't mean it like that."

His smile seeped through and I pouted a bit "I know I just wanted to make you sweat."

"Jaeden!" I said harshly "That's an ass move."

He placed his hands on my hips "Don't be mad babygirl."

I rolled my eyes before stepping on my tip toes to give him a kiss. "You're lucky your cute."

Jaeden laughed, and I smiled at him. His smile was so beautiful, I wanted to see it every chance I could get.

"Marine animals?" He asked.

"Glad you know what I want." I said as we walked towards the marine exhibit area.

•••

Jaeden and I had just eaten the last slice of our huge individual pizzas we ordered as we started walking away from the polar bears.

"It's gonna close soon." Jaeden said. "You wanna see the tigers before we head out?"

I nodded eagerly "It's my dying wish."

We walked in the direction of the tiger exhibit, Jaeden's arm around me, out fingers laced just by my shoulder. The sun was starting to set which had beautiful hues of purple, orange, and pink.

Once we were only a few feet by the exhibit I ran up to it and smiled once I saw the tigers walking about, playing with the toys they were given. I squealed at the tiger cub and pointed at them as if I was three years old.

"Jae! Look at the tigers! They're so beautiful!" I said as he stood next to me, placing his hand on the arch of my back.

"Almost as beautiful as you." He said.

I scrunched up my nose and turned to face him "Don't be gross Jaeden."

"Don't be a brat y/n." He smiled teasingly.

"You're beautiful too." I chuckled. "Just not in a feminine way."

He smiled down at me, staring so long I thought he was frozen. "You're so adorable baby, I love you."

My heart leaped out of my chest, he really said that? I started to sweat, it isn't that I don't love him, I do, I just don't know how to say it. I realized how long I had just been staring off into space, he must've been incredibly heart broken.

"I-I-I'm sorry I-"

I placed my hands on the sides of his face and looked deeply into his baby blue eyes "I love you too Jae."

His worried face and posture changed immediately, he relaxed and smiled down at me "I really thought you weren't going to say it back."

I felt a bit of sadness pang my heart "How could I not love you?" I smiled taking his hat and putting it on my head. "You're perfect. You make me laugh, you always take care of me, you support me, what's not to love?"

Jaeden had a huge smile on his face, I leaned in and kissed his soft lips. We kissed slowly, him bringing me closer to him before I pulled back our noses touching.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

I nodded and Jaeden gave me one last peck "Piggy back?" He asked.

I could feel my eyes sparkle at the suggestion, and without warning, I jumped on Jaeden's back making him laugh. We walked all the way to the parking lot and Jaeden stopped so I could get off. He spun me around and started to kiss me on the hood of the car, I laughed but still giving kisses back.

He trailed kisses down my neck and a few behind my ear, one last long kiss on my lips before pulling back and grinning at me "I wanted to do that as soon as you said you loved me back."

I chuckled, and placed a few more kisses all over Jaeden's face "You're so cute."

He laughed before going into the car, me following. He held my hand and gave me a forehead kiss before starting to drive back to my house. Stealing sweet stupid glances at each other, I loved him, I was so sure.