Chapter Sixty-Nine: This Is Why I Don't Socialize

Start from the beginning

"What's so horrible about it?" Gideon asks, making everyone turn to gape at him.

Tom raises his wand at Gideon, and I whip around narrowing my eyes at him

"Don't you dare curse him with it, Tom!!"

"He asked." Tom shrugs.

"He technically did," Mulciber whispers to Chris, who agrees.

"Even though he saw what Valentine did to get away." Chris nods along.

"I say do it. Curse the kid." Nott chortles, face impassive.

"How about I curse you with it!" Pan snaps.

"Do it, Lovegood." Nott hisses.

"Gladly, Theodore." She demands back, calling Nott by his first name. Tom's friends were the only members of their family attending Hogwarts. They had an extreme view on blood purity and preferred to be referred to by their last names...that way everyone knew how pure their blood was.

Ahhh, the good old days of being in Slytherin.

How I loved making fun of the twins and Harry. Pranking Flitch was always a fantastic end to any day. Reading with Percy during the evenings was an astounding destresser..... hanging with Luna and Ettie. The thoughts make a stab of homesickness go through me.

"Ah, let me introduce myself to the master duelists!" Theseus beams, walking towards us and holding his hand out for Tom to shake.

Tom plants one of his charming, fake smiles on and shakes the Auror's hand. I could tell the smile was fake because his eyes were as cold as always. His smile was more terrifying than anything.

Theseus moves to shake my hand, and I give him a similar smile to Tom's, reaching out to shake his hand. The second my hand touches his, a voice sounds in my mind.

"Valentine Dumbledore!!! Defeat Riddle before twilight of the fifth year. Raze the snake. Crown your head."

The memory comes unexpectedly, and the vision that comes next is even more unexpected.

A black orb pulsed in the middle of a cold, cold snow infested field. The sounds coming from it blasted in my ears, causing me to cringe. It was surrounded by a protective dome. It was alive...I realized. That thing was alive. It was hissing like it had its own language.

The hissing sound continues as I'm transported through the memories of this living thing. I watch in stunned silence as it manages to kill and wipe out five fully trained Aurors in a single screech. The hissing was getting louder.

It killed them all with a single strike, that blew up the very grounds they stood on, engulfing it in flames.

The creature skids through the streets and outskirts of a town, utterly destroying everything in its path. It was enraged. It was on a rampage.

I could feel it's anger.

I could feel its fear.

Buildings demolished, pavements destroyed, cars beyond repair. Screams of muggles.

It could fly.

Invisibility it seemed was its forte. I was there during every moment just standing and staring, helpless.

I watch as it kills a man, snapping its neck by making it look like he'd seemed possessed. The man had been running for president, it seemed. It looked like the thing hated politics.

Then I finally got some information. A red-haired man looks back, from his place being investigated. A dark-haired man was levitating the creature. Every hiss of his grew louder and louder until my ears felt like they were bleeding. The red-haired man stared at me. "That's an Obscurus." He breathes in amazement.