Chapter 14) Win

Mulai dari awal

"He was too soft on you, it seems. You were already scrawny to begin with but now..." He paused, eyes scanning his son's body. "Pathetic. Not to worry, my boy, we'll fix that." His eyes stopped at Win's face.

He glowered. The pressure at Win's wound immediately withdrew. Bloodied fingers dug into Win's hair. They forced his head back. Blood trikled from the hand and down his forehead. The boy gritted his teeth, keeping all sound locked inside. Any noise only made the pain worse.

"Look at me!" His father shouted tugging roughly at Win's hair. He cracked his eyes open, glaring up at him.

His father smiled an ugly sneer. "I am your father! Have have forgotten who you belong to!" The grip in his hair tightened as the fingers pulled the boy's neck back and into an awkward position.

Win couldn't help the cry that escaped. Pain shot through his head and down his neck. His teeth dug into his lip causing blood to sprout.

Memories assaulted his mind. Eyes squeezing shut against them. He remembered. He will always remember. The fear. The pain. The endless hours curled up in a corner, praying his father forgot he existed.

Something in his expression must have been what his father was looking for because he broke into a pleased smile. Gently, he placed his other hand on Win's cheek.

Win was tired. Tired of the memories, of his father's control and cruelty. Tired of the tears and regret.

The last few years had been like a dream. He was happy and free. Had come to like himself a bit. He'd even met his mate. But all of it was destroyed and he was thrown back into the pit of despair.

"You do know," he whispered close to Win's ear. "So that worthless Alpha hadn't broken you completely."

He was just so, so tired.

In a split second the boy decided to do something he'd never considered back then. Something he knew would only cause him more pain. Win didn't care.

He took a deep breath, eyes narrowing, and spat a glob of bloodied saliva at his father's face. It landed on his cheek.

The pleased smile morphed into a scowl as the fingers in Win's hair griped and shoved the boy into the wall, head first. His father's eyes hardened as a shout escaped the boy's parted lips.

"It seems we'll have to beat that defiance out of you again, boy." He rubbed Win's head against the wall, leaning in to whisper, "but first you will watch that pathetic pack crumble."

The boy tried to force his father off of him but the man wouldn't budge. His breathing quickened, teeth clenching.

"And your beloved Alpha will not only lose his entire pack but he'll be forced to watch his disgusting mate be torn apart, limb by limb." The man laughed. It sent shivers down Win's spine.

"And then your Alpha will meet his own torturous demise."

-=====================================

They had been traveling for hours when a dense forest came into view. Ohm easily darted in followed by, what seemed like, the trees parting for Shin. Per had to pick his way through, tripping over roots, rocks, and his own feet. He cursed every time his foot caught on something or a low branch smacked some part of his body. He knew he could add bruses and small cuts to his growing list of injuries. But that was the least of his worries.

Win had been missing for far too long. Who knows what was happening to him. At the thought of the pain and fear Win must be going through made Per's stomach churn.

He swears if there is even one scratch on Win he'll kill every wolf that laid a hand on him.

After several hours of trekking through the forest the trio came to a stop. Ohm shifted back and huffed out a breath.