Chapter 11) A Waterfall

Being exiled from the healer's house wasn't on Per's to-do list for the day. In fact he wanted to be there for his niece. Aid his brother in any way he could. But, sadly, the healer had grabbed him and pulled him out despite his protests. She had stated something about scents. The mage didn't quite understand but figured it was a wolf thing.

So now he was standing in front of a pale blue door looking around aimlessly. The town hadn't fully awakened yet, the sun just barely peeking over the trees. Like Mari, there was a few wolves moving about. Many of them ignored his presence or glared in suspicion. There were a few, however, that smiled at him. One in particular smiled brightly at him. It was the same blonde wolf he had met in the park. She tried to act cute as she waved. Per grimaced and nodded his head at her. When he had met the wolf in the park she attracted him easily but now he didn't feel anything other than discomfort. The mage turned his back on her, eyes scanning around him.

Per sighed as he watched Mari talk to another wolf before scurrying away. He had no plans, no idea what he wanted to do. And on top of that, Per was standing in the clothes he had slept in. No shower and no time to brush his teeth. He felt disgusting and his mouth tasted like poop. He really needed to find someway to get clean.

Luckily for him Ohm and Mick weren't to far away. The two gross love birds were holding hands as they walked down the road. Per grinned and took off after them. The two wolves were in no hurry so he easily caught up. Skidding around them and planting himself in front of them, the two came to a stop.

Ohm's happy smile dropped instantly. "What do you want," he spat with a sneer.

"I've been kicked out," the mage started. His arms swinging out dramatically. "And in this disgusting state," his lips twisted down before grinning and pointing at Ohm, " and you, dear Ohm, being in charge of me, need to," his voice dropped into a serious monotone. "Let me use your shower, borrow some clothes, and give me something to stop my mouth from tasting like poop."

Ohm stared at the mage before saying, " no." He dodged around Per, tugging Mick with him.

The mage blinked a few times as his mind caught up with the wolf's rejection. His head swung around and he raced for the two again. Dancing in front of them, Per slapped his hands together , head bowed, eyes tightly closed. "Please, Ohm. I can't stand this," he begged. He wasn't ashamed. Per felt gross and Ohm was his only method of feeling human again. "I feel so gross to the point I'm about to cry." He peeked an eye open in time to see the wolf swing his eyes upward. Per edged closer to Ohm until he was close enough to grab the Beta's arm. Tugging on it and making sure his breath attacked the Beta's nose he said in a whinny voice, "do you want me to cry? Cause I will. I'll cry just for you, Ohm."

The Beta's face twisted in disgust. He smashed his hand against the mage's face, pushing. Per was resilient and wouldn't budge despite his neck being forced in an awkward position. The two went back and forth like this for several minutes.

"Let go of me you, maggot!"

"Maggot? That hurts. I really will cry now."

A string of giggles filled the air. The two arguing boys froze, slowly turning toward the sound. Mick stood off to the side, arms hugging his stomach as laughter shook his body. Per straighted, letting go of Ohm's arm. The Beta looked sideways at the mage, meeting his own sideways glance before both of them turned to stare at the younger wolf.

After a couple more giggles Mick looked up at the two, face red and a smile on his lips. "Since when," he wheezed, "were the two of you so close?"

"We're not," Per and Ohm denied in unison. They looked at each other, sneered and looked away.