Chapter 5) Mate?

Win sat on the edge of his bed staring down at his hands. He didn't really see his hands, just stared passed them into thin air. The boy couldn't wrap his mind around the idea of him finding his mate. It just sounded so foreign to him. All his life he believed he'd never have one. That he was never good enough. Win had given up on the idea, even becoming content with the way his life had gone. The people important to him were here and close and that's all he wanted.

But now things were changing. He had a mate.Win actually had a mate. Something he never thought possible. It was something he pretend that he didn't want. But who was he kidding, Win wanted a mate. Dreamt of finding someone who would love him for him. Regardless of how scrawny he was or how horrible his voice sounded. It was all possible now. Win had found his mate. Granted, he hasn't exactly met them yet but that's okay. Cause he had smelled that wonderful scent. An intoxicating and memorizing scent.

The boy smiled remembering the sweet and spicy scent. His stomach flipped over itself, heart pounding. His imagination bloomed at the possibilities to come. The first meeting, the heart racing moment when they confess their love, the first time they kiss, first time they make lo—.

Win shook his head face burning. He brought his hands up, covering his face, unable to stop the giddy feeling building in his gut.

"What are you doing," a familiar female voice asked from his door. Win's head shoot up, eyes widening. Standing with her hand on the door knob was Pang, a smirk dancing on her lips. Behind the girl stood Mick, one of his dark eyebrows raised.

Win dropped his hands and looked away. "Nothing," he replied with a pout.

"Sure," Pang snorted as she dropped onto his bed. "Guess what! Mick knows who the strangers are!" The girl excitedly slapped Win on his thigh with a wide smile. Win's head snapped around as he stared at the other boy; his mouth dropping open into an O.

Mick was leaning against the now closed door, arms crossed. Pang and Win, who sat on the bed positioned in the middle of the small room, stared at him. Their eyes danced with anticipation.The boy didn't understand why his friends were so excited about the strangers. The news about them being mages hadn't spread through the village yet so there was no way that was the reason. But whatever the reason had them practically dancing on the edge of bed. Pang had grabbed Win's arm, squeezing it tightly. Her prisoner slapped at her hand, face scrunching up. He struggled with trying to free himself but the girl was relentless and wouldn't let up.

Mick sighed, eye rolling. "What do you want to know?"

"What are their names," Pang asked finally releasing Win. The boy rubbed at his, now, red arm. He glared at her.

"I don't know."

Pang frowned. "Why are they here?"

"I don't know that either."

"Well, what the hell do you know," the girl snapped, pushing to her feet and slapping her hands against her thighs.

"The basics, I guess," Mick nonchalantly replied with a shrug. "I went to help Mari with healing them. They were in a cell and looked beat up. I don't know what happen to them though." He shrugged again. Pang slowly slid back onto the bed. "Phun was pretty tense as he watched them. Ohm too. The thing is..." He trailed off, hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"What," Win asked, voice soft.

"Let me ask you this first, why are you two so interested in this? You know Phun would tell you eventually."

"We can't wait for him," Pang rushed her voice high. She sighed before saying, " we need to know now." She looked sideways at Win. The boy's eyes had lowered to his lap, hands clutching his pants. "It seems one of them is Win's mate and um... and the other one is... well, my mate." Mick's eyes widened as he glanced between his two friends. Win's head swiveled around so fast to gape at Pang that his neck cracked. Her cheeks had grown a soft pink.