38 | Lilac

I lift a finger, twirling it at the image on the screen, circling one area in particular.

"This is where Holland and I will be." I say, feeling the people at my back. I turn slightly to lift a brow at them and they nod back, Holland closest to me, her eyes narrowed on the screen. Andy sits in the chair beside me, her glasses perched on her nose as her gaze flies over the screen.

"Their are numerous cameras stationed outside the building," she pints to a few spots, "here, here, here, and here. I will disable them for a minutes, replaying a pre-filmed feed."

I look at Gary and his three friends that he convinced to help us and point to another section on the map. "This is the best vantage point for what we need you to do," I point at another. "And here."

Using my finger, I draw a line from Holland and my location to the door, "We'll enter here and if everything goes to plan, this is where we will exit too."

I straiten, turning to face the room, catching the eyes of my cousins at the back, Liam standing beside them, a pleasant camaraderie between them.

"I'll wait outside, make sure nobody attacks you when you leave." Liam says and I see Holland nod.

They nod, "We'll get the weapons locked and loaded and the van ready." They exit the room and Gary moves to follow them, his friends by his side. "We leave at eleven. There will be less people in the building at that time."

Andy flicks to another screen, "as you know there is three cameras in the main hallway, their smoke will block any view they may have of you but I will be checking them periodically anyway and cutting them if your faces are shown, okay?" She turns to the both of us and stands, stretching. "Same with the rest in the building, and keep your comms in, I will tell you if you have anyone coming your way."

I nod, thanking her as she walks for the door, leaving Holland and I alone.

I look at the time, seeing we have thirty minutes.

I turn back to Holland as she checks the weapons already strapped to her, her brows furrowed.

"We're going to get them out." I promise her.

She lifts her head to me, nodding. "I know, I just don't want anything to go wrong."

"It won't." I say with conviction, hoping it's true.

"Who is he?" I ask to the silence, leaning against the desk. "My future brother in law?" I smirk, tilting my head at her. "How did you meet him?"

Holland shakes her head, blonde hair shuffling past her shoulders, a small breathless laugh escaping her.

"Father put me in a team when I came back, to keep an eye on me, Archer was already in it and one thing led to another."

"And dot dot dot." I finish, giving her unimpressed eyes. "When we finish this, I want all the details."

"I joined that team for a reason you know, I needed to get close to dad to find out what happened to you."

"What?"

"I came back to find out what happened to you." She says again, "and I made sure they put me in a team with Clay because I knew how much dad cared for him." She pauses. "Or at least I thought I did."

"Does he know?"

"That he's our brother? Yes." She nods. "But he didn't, not until a few months ago." She breathes out, "We had nothing to be worried about, he despises dad as much as we do. We should've said something to him years ago."

"Well, we can't change that now." I mutter, straitening and walking closer to Holland.

"So, now he's stuck there with him?"

She nods and I blow out a breath.

The door squeaks open and I glance over, Gary slipping through and he looks between my sister and I.

"You two ready?"

I nod, looking towards Holland as she nods her head and straightens, twisting her fingers into mine as we walk for the door.

Gary looks between us before he reminds us. "Remember, shoot on sight. We'll be waiting with the van."

"Okay." Holland answers, pulling me behind her as we both follow Gary out the door.

Classified || 2 || ✔️ mature जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें