Chapter 8 - Missing Charms

~~~~~~
Was it a good decision
To follow my head
Not the thing in my chest?
Was it a wise choice
To follow the demon
Rather than the saviour?
~~~~~~
Edited

Two days later....

Septimus

   I woke up when my alarm clock rang in my ear and shuffled out of bed. I did not sleep well last night. The same nightmare of me going through arches and arches through Marcia's hub, only to find Rose in a near-death state haunted me.
  "Dreams come to us for a reason, Septimus," Alther's wise words came back to me. I sighed and got out of bed grumpily. Changing into my ExtraOrdinary robes and combing my entangled hair, I made my way down to the kitchen.
  "Light!" I snapped my fingers as the stove lit up.
  I made my special egg-toast and sat down on the table for breakfast. I slowly sipped my coffee and ate my toast as the nightmare played again in my head.
  Nightmares come to us for a reason.

Rose

  I unlocked the Charm Library and stepped in. The smell of musty books and ancient charms came to my senses. If only I could stay here everyday. Too bad Foxy demanded that I came back to his apartment every night. Foxy has been acting weirder and weirder everyday. I swear that I had seen his eyes turn red for a brief second before turning back to its dark brown colour.
  Something in my gut told me that I had made the wrong decision choosing Foxy, but Septimus deserves better. Not some plain old Ordinary Wizard like me. I cleaned a few Charms as I thought of the good times that me and Septimus shared. Good times that would never happen between me and Foxy.

Beetle

I was up by 6am and I was still pondering over the lost charms. Partridge had notified me about the lost charms around two days ago and I am sure that someone had broke into the Manuscripton and stole them. I sighed and look at the list of 'stolen charms'.
"One Unseene Charm, one Lizard Tongue Charm, one Love Charm," I grumbled under my breath and slowly placed it down on the table.
I looked closely at the list. Somehow, all three of the charms seem to be connected somehow. I sighed. I had arranged for another inspection and checking of charms today and I'm sure it definitely isn't the most interesting job. Maybe I should inform Sep about this? I thought it was a good idea. I grabbed my coat and hurried to Wizard Tower to make an appointment with the ExtraOrdinary.

A/N: Ok, maybe it isn't that interesting so far but I'm still planning the climax. No worries! I'll make this story as interesting as possible and I'll try to connect with the TodHunter Moon series! ;)