Chapter 5 - Nightfall

Edited
Third person

Beetle was late. Really late. He had gotten lost in the Ramblings and it had taken him awhile to just get out of Big Bertha, and it took him even longer to find Foxy's rented apartment. Eventually, after wandering around the twisting corridors and seeking help from the not-so-helpful-neighbours that Beetle had unknowingly woken up, he arrived in front of Foxy's door.
  He knocked loudly on the door, aware that the apartment's incumbents had already fallen asleep. He heard some shuffling in the rooms and a turn of the lock. Foxy opened the door and looked at him with an irritated look on his face.
"How many people must wake me up in the middle of the night? Even the girl had to wake me up!" he grumbled angrily.
So it was true. Beetle thought. He did bring Rose home. He stepped into Foxy's apartment and Foxy looked surprised and slightly scared. Foxy was trying to guess what Beetle wanted to do. Foxy opened his mouth, wanting to speak but Beetle beat him to it first.
  "What happened this evening, wasn't very pleasant," Beetle started, cutting off Foxy.
  Foxy rolled his eyes and let out a groan.
  "You woke me up at 4am in the morning to talk to me about this? Don't you have better things to do?" Foxy complained.
  "Septimus is involved in this," Beetle continued, much to Foxy's irritation.
  "So what?" he snapped back at his boss. "It's just the old ExtraOrdinary losing his girlfriend to someone better! What kind of issue is that?"
  Beetle frowned at Foxy's disrespect and muttered, "I don't know why Rose is with a person like you."
Foxy was getting riled up. He pointed to the door and mouthed-whispered "Out. Now."    
  Beetle sighed. Sense was something that Beetle couldn't seem to talk into Foxy. He trudged out of the door and at the doorway Beetle muttered to him, "Your suspended from the Manuscripton until further notice."
  Foxy slammed the door shut.

Septimus

It was nearing the Midnight Minutes and I was still at my study. I was working—or more like trying—to try to keep Rose and Foxy out of my mind. I looked at my timepiece. Suppose it's not too late to go visit Marcia? I thought. I shut the book I was reading and blew out the candles before walking out of the Pyramid Library. I stepped on the stairs and instructed them down to the first floor. I was about to mutter the night password when the doors suddenly opened and a familiar figure with a long ponytail walking quickly into the Tower. A figure that I was not so forward to seeing.

Word count: 428

Thanks for reading!

Please

Vote

&

Comment!