37

"Did you tell him we were coming?" Leah asks as mosey nods his head.

"No cassie?" Kk asks.

"Nah."

"Okay, we'll he woke up a hour ago so he's in a good mood, but I don't know how he'll react to y'all."

"That's okay cause I don't know how  I'll react to him." I say. Mosey walks in and jd face immediately lites up.

"Wassup bro!" Jd smiles dapping  kk and mosey up.

"Shit how you feeling?" Kk asks.

"My head still killing me but other than that I'm good. Aye I appreciate y'all for being here with me." He says.

"Of course your my brother. But I have a surprise for you." Mosey starts.

"What is it?"

"Just wait." Mosey walks out the room towards us. "Leah come in first." He pulls Leah arm and drags her into the room. She stands awkwardly at his bed.

"Hi." She waves at him. He sits up in his bed shocked to see her.

"What are you doing here?" He gasp.

"I just wanted to check on you." She says.

"But you hate me."

"No I don't, I hate what you did."

"Me too." He sighs.

"JD, you do realize you've been a asshole right?"

"Yeah, I have for a while now."

"You not only hurt Bonnie but you hurt us too, the friend group has never been the same." 

"I know Leah, I fucked up."

"I mean, honestly I've missed you but I missed the old you and I don't wanna be friends with this new one."

"I can't just change."

"Why not you did it before." I say stepping into the room. He turns towards me and his eyes grew wide.

"Bonnie."

I walk over to his bed where Leah was standing.

"It's like you've changed over night last time.. do it again."

"I thought I lost you."

"What do you mean?"

"I thought you'd never give me a chance again." He sighs his eyes never leaving me. He didn't even blink it's like he saw a ghost.

"Umm.. maybe we should head out, y'all need to talk." Kk says pushing everyone out.

"I thought you'd never even look at me again."

"I thought I did too, until I spoke with mosey. He told me some things that made me reconsider."

"Things like what?" He asks.

"When you took me out that day and told me you were in love with someone else.. was that true?" I asks. He scratches the back of his head.

"No."

"Did you ever love me?" I ask.

"With everything in me."

"So why let me go? I would've stayed with you through everything."

"I needed to let you go, the shit I was involved in was not safe and I couldn't get you caught up in the middle of it."

"Shit like what jd, you do the same thing tjay do."