35

"I don't get why we need to go to the hospital bon." Leah whines rubbing her stomach.

"Cause mosey and kk are really going through it and they need us right now."

"They sad over JD, so we shouldn't care."

"Don't be like that lea, whenever you were going through something who was there?"

"Ugh, mosey." She rolls her eyes.

"Exactly, time to match his energy." I say snatching the covers off her.

"We going for mosey and kk that's it, fuck JD."

"Been dat."

She gets up and head towards her closet. "You tell tjay?"

"No, so don't say anything to neek."

"Neek got my location on tho." She looks back and gives me a nervous laugh.

"Shit... just tell him you was making an appointment to see the doctor." She nods her head and smiles.

"Oh yeah, that should work."

+

"Ugh it smells like death in here." Leah scoffs.

"Bitch it's the damn lobby." I roll my eyes and step up to the receptionist.

"Hello, I'm here to see Joshua Darrow." I smile at her. She taps on her computer and I look back at Leah to see her rolling her eyes at me.

"He's on floor 4, room 421."

"Thank you." We take the elevator up and as soon as we get off we see mosey sitting outside the door his head in his hands. Leah jogs up to him and kneels before him.

"Aw Lathan." She pulls him into a hug and he breaks down.

I look down at them, heartbroken. Mosey has nothing but love for everyone, I hate that he's going through this and I'm lowkey the reason why.

He lets go of her and wipes his eyes. "Why y'all here?"

"To see you and kk." Leah pats his back.

"Kk left, his girl needed him for sum." He sniffles.

"Mosey how long you've been here?" I ask sitting next to him on the ground.

"Like everyday this week."

"Do you go home?"

"Nah."

"Baby you need a shower cause.." Leah plugs her nose with her hands and we all laugh.

"I know, but I'm scared if I leave something gone happen to him."

"I can't believe you care so much."

"Why wouldn't I? He's my brother. I know y'all hate him for what he did to you bon, and don't get me wrong I hate the situation too. But he's still my brother whenever I see him I don't see the JD y'all see I see us being 13 sneaking into a abandoned houses to play hide and seek, or me you and him playing cops and robbers or even all of us spending a night over Bonnie house the day before we started freshman year." He lets a tear fall out but he quickly wipes it. " y'all don't think I know he's a dick now. Trust me I know, and Bonnie I saw his live I'm so sorry he did that to you, but I can't let the old JD go, that's the memory I'm holding on to."

"JD was so sweet back then." Leah sighs.

"He was." I added.

"I wonder what happened?"

"The game changed him. I remember when we both started junior year, we both said that shit was temporary just to get some quick cash, but he fell in love with the game, and then he had you bon."