20

How do you tell your daddy that your dating a drug dealer? The answer is you don't. I've had this whole elaborate plan to tell him that he's a good student with straight A's. FYI it isn't a total lie, tjay is very smart he just doesn't apply himself. I also plan on telling him he works at a movie theater farrrr from where we live so he won't "run into" Tjay one day. Or I could just tell the truth.

Decisions decisions.

I walk downstairs and my mom and dad are cuddled up watching tv while Alex is at the kitchen table eating. I join him and he looks up at me them back at his phone.

Attitude.

My focus isn't on Alex right now though. I'm trying to read my parents mood to see if it's a good time to talk to them about tjay. I continue to watch them and my dad lean over and whisper something to my mom causing her to giggle. Their in a good mood. I build up the courage and walk in front of them sitting myself down in one of the chairs.

"Wassup boo." My mom greets me. I swear she's my best friend.

"Hey, can I talk to y'all?" I ask and my daddy turns towards me.

"About what?" He asks.

"Me." I say and he turns the tv down and sits up on the couch. I know there's this stereotype that black parents don't really care about their child's mental health, and some parts are true. But I can honestly say my parents truly care and genuinely wants to listen to my problems or anything about me.

"You okay?" He asks. You could tell he was a little worried.

"I'm fine, I'm actually really great." I answer and his face lightens.

"Why do you needa talk to us?" She asks.

"Umm.. it's more so daddy but I want you to know too. Uhh I have a boyfriend." I let out. My mom sits there smiling and my dad just stares at me. He literally has no emotion.

"Is it tjay?" She smirks and I nod my head yes.

"YES!" She jumps up and rushes over to hug me. "I knew it was him."she kisses my cheek multiple times and I stare at my dad.

"Daddy?" He lifts his head and looks at me.

"A boyfriend I- baby I don't think you need a boyfriend right now, I mean after that shit stain JD."

"I'm over JD daddy and tjay makes me so happy. I want you to meet him."

"Meet him, how long y'all been together?"

"About a month."

"A MONTH?!?" Both of them yelled.

"You should've told us the first day." My momma said.

"I know I just wanted to make sure he was the right one. I'm being careful this time."

"I don't like this, no nigga deserve you." He says getting up and walking in the kitchen.

"You were so open to JD, what's the problem now?"

"JD is the fucking problem , I'll be damned you put your all into another bum ass nigga and he do you the way JD did you. That shit still boils my fucking blood."

"I'm telling you daddy he's not like JD at all. I really really like him, I feel like you'll like him too." I say walking up to him and hugging him.

"I don't kno-"

"Oh just meet the boy Will, when I met him he seemed so sweet." My mom chimes in.

"When you'd meet him?"