9

"Can you stop trynna eat my shit, you literally have pretzels in front of you." Lathan whines as I pick at his basket. As promised on Friday we went to the mall to just catch up. I missed being around him.

"I don't know why but you food always taste better."

"Cause you ain't buy it." He laughs.

We find a seat in the food court and begin to eat.

"Okay lil mosey how's life?" I start.

"Ah, you found out huh?"

"Of course I did and your not bad either."

"Foreal? I was kind of scared to show you."

"Me, why? I've always told you how talented you are I'm just extremely proud that your following your dreams."

"That means a lot Bon, thank you."

"Mhmm, anyways your life how is it?"

"Ugh, other than this rapping shit I've been chilling foreal. I'm starting to sell less and less and I guess JD don't like that. You know that tjay nigga Cassie so crazy over?" He asks me and I simply shake my head yes.

"Yeah ever since that nigga came we been getting less people coming to us." He informs me.

"What's so different about his shit?"

"I can't explain it but they got some good shit, I tried it myself."

"Do you thing tjay is in a gang?" I ask him kinda curious.

"Duh.. they call themselves SB 'strictly business' they move more than weed though."

"Crack?"

"Mhmm, them niggas lowkey kinda dangerous and I know my limits but JD don't and now he's getting shit started with them especially that tjay nigga."

"Whatchu mean?"

"For what I seen, they really keep to themselves and just sell, but JD so ignorant and stubborn he's talking shit about them especially tjay, now tjay haven't done anything yet but I won't be surprised if JD end up hurt or dead." He shakes his head.

"Why won't you stop him?"

"Didn't you hear what I said he's too stubborn."

"Ugh you know how much I hated y'all selling  and now this."

"I'm not in shit, Like I said before I've been chilling and slowly backing out the game, I'm only in it to get my money up for some studio time and drip."

"Yeah you have been looking good lately with all your Gucci and expensive ass jeans." I say and he smiles.

"What about you Bonnie?"

"Hmm.. I don't know but ever since last night my feelings for JD are starting to vanish, and I feel good.  I feel happy again."

"As you should, I hated you two together."

"I know mosey." I giggle while sipping my drink.

"When you done eating let's go into the Gucci store." He suggest.

"I can't afford Gucci."

"I can." He says grabbing my hand.

I really hate walking into stores I can't afford it makes me feel more broke than usual.

"Find a purse or something." He tells me and I shake my head no.

"Whatchu mean no, go find something." He shoos me off.

"What's my price limit?" I ask.

"3 bands now go."

I walk over to the women side and begin to look for some cheap purses or belts.

"Didn't peg you as a Gucci girl." I turn around sharply to be faced with none other than Tjay. like always he's in all black but his hair was freshly twisted and he had a line up,  have to say it he looked really good.

"You scared me." I say.

"Sorry, you here alone?" He asks.

"No, I'm with Lathan." I say pointing to Lathan talking to a random girl.

"Oh that nigga."

"Don't do that, moseys my friend."

"I know, you think he'll mind if I steal you?" He smirks.

"Yes and I'll mind too, we haven't hung out in a while and I missed him." I tell him and he just smiles.

"Your too good for this world Bonnie."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"What I just said."

"Whateva ,Who you here with?"

"My niggas." He points to a group of men huddled together.

"That's cute." I smile and he straight faces me.

"Don't play with me." He scolds and I laugh.

"Bonnie, you okay?" Lathan walks over.

"Uhh.. yeah tjay you know mosey right?"

"Vaguely." Tjay says as he daps mosey up.

"Aye man, I just wanna let you know this beef shit, I ain't in it I'm just trynna collect my coins." Mosey starts.

"Nah I hear you same reason why I'm in it, and why I'm not gonna respond back to that nigga I'm just trynna get my chicken and dip." Tjay Agrees.

"So we good?" Mosey asks.

"Yeah man." They dap each other up again, and I stand there just smiling.

"Fuck your smiling at?" Tjay mugs me.

"Y'all." I say as my smile grew wider.

"Weirdo, anyway I'll catch y'all later, I'll call you later tonight bon." He says while walking away back to his group. I just nod my head watching him walk away.

Mosey blocks my view of him and mugs me.

"What's up with you and him?"

"Nothing he's my friend." I say grabbing a simple scarf and handing it to him.

"Cassie know that?" He asks walking me to the register.

"No, look I know how it looks but it's not that trust me we're just friends." I assure him.

"Better be." I stand behind him as he buys his stuff plus mine. I turn around to see tjay one last time and he's already staring me. I send him a simple smile and he returns one back and turns back to his friends.