Freedom

I stretch out as I woke up. It was nice to just be able to sleep in and not have to worry about anything. Because of school I never worked in the mornings. And since school was out, I didn't have to worry about that so I was free to wake up whenever I wanted to.

I looked around and I thought I was going to have a heartattack when I saw Samantha standing in the doorway and staring at me. I put my hand over my heart. "You scared the shit out of me."

She just laughed. "Eh, you'll be okay." She smiled at me and came over and lay down in the bed next to me.

I looked over at her. What was she doing? This was not comfortable at all. I usually slept naked anymore and I did not feel comfortable with her this close to me when I didn't have any clothes on. Don't get me wrong, she was very pretty and I'd probably give into having sex with her if she ever asked or things got going between us, but I didn't assume that was about to happen, so I was feeling quite uncomfortable.

"What's up?" I looked at Sam, hoping she'd answer quickly and then tell me and leave.

She smiled at me and then looked over at the door. I followed her gaze and saw Samuel standing there. He then came in and sat down at the end of my bed, stretching his legs out between Samantha and I.

I looked back at Samantha. "We have some really exciting news for you. Or at least we hope so."

I was a little scared. I was naked and both of them were on my bed. I was just happy that neither of them were under the covers at all. That would have been beyond uncomfortable.

They both looked at me, waiting for me to say something. When Samantha finally got impatient, she finally just spoke up. "Sam and I talked and we decided that if you want to, you can stay here even once your semester begins. If you want, you can do that and we'll just charge you a little bit of rent. You can live with us!"

I sat staring at Samantha and then my gaze went over to Samuel and then went back and forth between the two of them. I didn't really know what to say. I was really happy about it, but also uncertain at the exact same time. This was really big!

I sighed. "I'd love that, but I'm not sure that my school would allow it, considering Samuel's here."

Samantha frowned and looked away. I felt really bad. It looked like I'd really hurt her feelings. And that certainly wasn't something that I wanted. I really did want to say, I just knew it wouldn't work.

"They don't have to know." I turned and looked at Samuel. "You can just tell them you're living with your friend Sam. If they really are going to push, you can tell them Samantha, just so they know that you'll be living with a girl. There's really no need for them to know that I'm living here. It's none of their damn business anyways."

I knew he was right. It really wasn't any of their business who I was living with. I was old enough to make that decision. Besides, I was already having sex with people whenever I felt like it, and that certainly wasn't within the limits of the rules. What difference did it matter if I went against what they thought here? It was my life, not theirs.

I looked back and Samantha. I was about to sit up and reach my hand out and touch her knee, but I was still naked and I really didn't want to expose myself. She still looked sad, so I wanted to console her in some way.

I smiled at her. "I'd love to stay with you guys. It's a hell of a lot better than staying in the dorms. I'm more free, and I just feel like I can really be myself and I'm so grateful to have friends who allow me to do whatever I want and aren't judgemental towards me."

Samantha was beaming and leaned over and started hugging me. When the sheets got in the way, she ripped them off and pulled me up and hugged me close, not even caring that I was naked. "I'm so happy. You're a wonderful friend and we are so happy that you want to be with us!"