Chapter Sixty-Eight: Aurors Invade.

Start from the beginning

"I'll go check up on Gideon and Myrtle." Greta muses. I raise a brow at her, silently asking her the question she knew I was asking. She rolls her eyes.

"Don't ask." She mutters almost bitter and walks away. Blinking slightly, I follow after Waiola, who had her arms crossed.

"Yes...." I look at her weird, and she raises a brow.

"I've been meaning to ask you about an incident that occurred with one of our Aurors."

Instantly my guard is up.

"Concerning?" I ask, mentally projecting my thoughts at Tom.

"Auror Diggory was reported missing on July the third. He was found in a bar...drunk off his horses a couple of hours later."

I raise a brow at her, unimpressed. "Okay, and what does this have to do with me?" I ask her deadpanned.

She grits her jaw, and I stare at her unblinking. She couldn't say anything unless she wanted to admit to the fact that the Ministry was having me and Tom followed.

"Don't act suspicious." Tom's voice snaps in my mind.

"I'm not."

"Don't act cocky, either." He scowls.

"You live in Hogsmeade, don't you? Did you see or hear anything?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"Nope. Tom and I spent our days working in the Inn." I answer her cooly.

"Right. Well, be careful. He woke up with his memories wiped. An extravagant job, actually." She gives me a look, and I internally scoff.

She should've been complementing Tom.

"Yes, she should." He grumbles in my mind, annoyed that his talents were being overlooked.

"Stop it!" I hiss at him.

"Thank you. I'll be sure to be careful and warn Tom and Aberforth." I muse.

She stares at me silently. She knew I knew.

Raising a brow, I smile a tad, mocking slowly.

"Yes, be sure to do that. Speaking of Tom... Sabra and I were thinking of our last duel, and we want a rematch."

"They will lose this time." Tom scoffs. "We have our wands, and we aren't trapped under investigation."

"Are you certain?" I smirk, fiddling with my wand like it was a pencil.

"Positive." She states, cool, calm and collected.

"Fine." I laugh out, making her one good eye narrow on me.

"Right now." She demands and starts to walk into the middle of the field. I eye her in silent surprise.

"Excuse me?" I ask. "NOW!?" I demand.

"Yes. Is that a problem? Scared?" She muses, through a smirk. My lips curl up into a sneer.

"Scared? Of you?" I chuckle humorlessly. "You wish." I snarl, stepping up in front of her and unsheathing my wand.

Tom strolls over and sidles up, brushing up against my shoulder. I look over to the side, and our eyes clash.

"You ready for this?" I ask him.

"The better question is... are you?" He muses, making me snort.

"Of course, I am Riddle."