Chapter One: Hide And Go Seek

Nathan p.o.v:

"Dammit!" I fought the urge to smash something against the wall and plopped on the couch instead.

"Hello Nathan. How're you feeling today?" Mark used his usual strategy on me. Ask how I am and get me rambling about things beyond my control.

"You don't need that today. I came here to talk cause you help me plan, and a plan is what I'm in need of."

"Nathan I'm your psychologist, I help you figure yourself out not plan for whatever metaphors-"

"You're boring me. Potato potato, same thing. Now onto the pressing matters," he sighed and then nodded his head as a gesture for me to start talking, so I did. "I found her. I found her sitting in this random coffee shop located on this random street like any normal person. So I went to her."

"This is your 'sister' we're discussing, correct?"

"Drop the finger quotations, she is my sister and I did follow her. Anyway, she saw me coming and she ran out. Obviously, I chased after her."

"Yes, because that's the normal thing to do."

"I just love it when you get me." I gave him a smile that conveyed my sarcasm then continued. "She ran and ran and then she rounded a corner and it was like she disappeared."

"Do you think that's possible? To disappear?"

I chewed on my lips as I thought of where she could've gone so quickly.

"She couldn't have been that far, but I looked through every alleyway that was there, I went into every turn I could see."

The thinking process became frustrating and suddenly sitting down was too restrictive, so I paced the room.

"Nathan, couldn't this be.. a scenario? Like your mind trying to tell you something?"

I guessed he realised I wasn't going to answer so he went on.

"Couldn't it be that you told yourself this happened just to feel the dread of finding what you want but not allowing yourself to get a hold of it?" I stopped mid-step, foot in the air and looked at him. "Maybe this isn't about your sister?"

I turned my face to the floor, then back to him. I understood what he meant with every word he said, but I had nothing to say to him about it.

So, I walked out the room and headed to the nearest whiskey bottle.

I followed the disgusting, alluring smell of liquor to the bar around the corner.

The place was old, the wooden stools creaked when you sat on them and most of the lights were out.

I kinda liked it tho.

What I liked even more about this place was that the bartender didn't care to pretend she liked the customers. She didn't ask what I wanted, she didn't smile and welcome me nor did she spring up a conversation.

She did however pour me my glass of whiskey and I was grateful.

I didn't know how much time passed and I didn't know how many glasses I'd had, but I knew it wasn't time to leave yet.

People started coming in more frequently which usually signified it was getting dark. A dude with a red flannel and man bun sat on the stool next to mine and ordered a beer, I guessed he was American before he spoke of his order.

I didn't judge people for their nationalities, but I hated Americans.

She poured me another glass.

"Sup" he nodded his head at me and I kept my straight face. "You look like you been here a while." I nodded.

"What, you can't talk ?" He attempted to gesture what he was saying and I'd never wished for something as much as I just did that this man never meets a deaf person.

"I can speak."

"So you're ignoring me?" He chuckled.

"Not in the mood for small talk."

"Ah, I get it. Sorry dude."

For a moment, I thought I judged American Dude and America too harshly, but then I heard another voice with the same obnoxious accent.

"Hey man, why you being a dick to him?" I realised he was referring to American Dude.

"Not in the mood."

He smelled of beer. I was saying this in the middle of a bar, so it said a lot.

"You British people and your stupid accents are all like that. You don't need to be an asshole to fit the profile of big bad naughty, your accent suffices."

"You don't lose the accent if you drop the attitude by the way."

He took a step towards me as if to intimidate me and asked me to say it again, so I did.

I caught his hand before it reached anywhere near my face.

I looked him in his eyes, he was still trying to push against me. I squeezed his hand tighter the longer he looked till I heard bones breaking under my touch.

"Dude let me go! Man I'm sorry!" He began to crumble to the floor when the pain became even more unbearable.

People's eyes, and phones, were nowhere but trained on me and the weeping Douche Dude at my feet. "Everyone out." Only a few people left and my patience began to run on low. "Now!".

Sounds of shuffling and moving filled the room and in mere seconds the bar became empty except for me, Douche Dude, and some other guy who was slowly approaching us.

"Listen I'm sorry. I'll leave. I'll do whatever you want but stop hurting me." I felt his blood trickle down my arm, and I didn't stop.

He'd caught me on one of my bad days.

"I told you I wasn't in the mood, and you still persisted," I left his hand and held him by the shirt instead. "You irked me and you got on my nerves and now you pay the price."

"You're overreacting. Let him go." The other guy interfered.

"Leave before it's your turn as well."

"That's my brother. I'm not letting you hurt him."

"Then your mom is gonna have to grief two loses tonight. Doesn't seem she lost much anyway."

Before any of them could reply I let go of the guy's shirt and used magic to lock the door.

"Now, for every word either of you said to me one bone of both bodies must break. And don't worry, I start with the small ones so this is enjoyable. For me, of course."