Chapter 22

The journey to Wall Rose is longer than expected.

A while ago, Hanji interrogated a priest on what he knew about the walls. He gave a fairly bit of information and surprisingly, he also gave a name that is familiar to the 104th cadets.

Annie frowned. Goodness, it really is that girl. Reiner's crush.

Too much plot twist.

After that, they decided to rush back to Wall Rose, however, they received a terrifying news.

Wall Rose is breached.

Yet again, Erza is correct.

When Levi and Mikasa heard the news, the two almost scrambled to find their horses and rush back to Erza's side. Luckily, Hanji and Armin managed to calm them down.

Erwin turned to Annie. "Are you willing to expose your comrades?"

They all looked at her, and she nodded.

"Then, get ready to depart!"

***

"After threatening us, you're gonna be our colleague? Honestly, what kind of shit is in your brain?"

Levi spat venemously. Inside his head, he is currently cursing Annie with different curses, blaming her for what happened to Wall Rose.

If ever... if ever Erza...

Damn!

Annie rolled her eyes and glared at him.

"Seriously, why does Erza want to protect you? Nothing's special about you, you don't even have the ideal height for boys."

Oomph— height is the sore spot for Levi, especially because some red haired woman is taller than him.

He almost want to draw his blade and cut her (Annie's) tongue!

"T-that's not true! Erza-san likes Captain because of his strength and bravery! Erza-san doesn't mind Captain's height at all!" Eren tried to defend Levi, but his words rubbed more salt to Levi's wound, making Hanji, Armin and Jean facepalm. Marco just smiled awkwardly and Mikasa smirked.

The humanity's strongest soldier's face dimmed, and his eyes showed a hint of bloodlust.

Just how much of a deal is his height? What the hell, people!

Annie humphed because of their attitude. This little captain really have high regards towards Erza.

In a daze, she asked unconsciously, "Just how much do you trust that woman...?"

"Excuse me?" Mikasa rudely asked, making Annie shake her head.

"Nevermind. You won't understand me anyway. It's just that... I thought you knew Erza better than me... but it seems like, even with the five years you've been with her, she can't entrust you her secrets."

With that statement, Erwin heard a breaking sound.

It is the trust of the 104th cadets close to Erza.

***

"Go, Ymir!" Krista cheered on as a small titan defeats the titans surrounding their tower. Away from everyone's attention, Erza secretly enchanted Ymir's strength and stamina, while rendering the opposing titans motionless. She then remembered what happened a while ago.

~~~

"Ymir... you could read that? Could it be... you..." before Reiner could continue his sentence, Erza stepped in and made a lame excuse.

"There you are. Reiner, Bertholdt's looking for you."

The said man furrowed his brows, but he still believed her and went to find Bertholdt. When she saw that Reiner is far away, Erza faced Ymir and stared straight at her.

"The Jaw Titan, Ymir." She spoke slowly, and Ymir fliched a bit, but still kept her serious face.

"You know a lot. What, are you a titan shifter too?"

Erza giggled at her question, and then shook her head. "I am not. I'm just... I know who you are and wants to offer you something."

Ymir's eyes dimmed with interest and caution.

"Spit it."

"Well, aside from Krista's protection, I can... relieve you the curse."

Ymir stared at the smiling Erza and sighed.

"Fine." Her answer startled the red head.

"You'll agree? That easily?"

"If this was before, I won't. But since you looked like you're serious, then I will not pass on this opportunity. If it is just Eren, I will hesitate, but with you helping him, the future inside the walls is secured."

Erza smiled and stuck out her hand. "For a good future, Ymir."

Ymir smirked. "For the future, Erza."

~~~

Annnnd their alliance started there.

After taking care of the other titans, Ymir went back to the tower and spoke slowly, "Hang... on.... escape..." Without any second thoughts, Erza grabbed Krista's hand and grabbed Ymir's titan hair on the other. The others present there followed her, and they soon escaped with the help of titan Ymir. After a short battle with the last titans, Ymir's titan form collapsed, reaching its limit. This is when the other members of Survey Corps arrived with Annie, shocking both Reiner and Bertholdt, and helped Ymir get out of her titan body.

Krista tearfully went to Ymir's side, saying something to her, and Erza just smiled while watching them. Meanwhile, Levi, Eren, Armin, Mikasa amd Jean is watching her every actions. Soon, Krista's words fell on their ears.

"My real name is... Historia."

***

A/N: Sorry for the short update. From this chapter, I will no longer use the help of the manga and anime (because I can't afford to search it. Sucks not to have an internet connection). Furthermore, our dear planet is in the middle of crisis right now because of COVID-19. Please stay safe and remember to stay inside your houses. Wash your hands before and after eating, and if going out, always wear a mask and if needed, gloves. I can't say much about this topic so I'll end the author's note here.

~<ARTmorgen>~